We're looking for a technically excellent engineer to join our Vehicle Performance Department and lead the Simulator Development Programme.
Our driver in the loop simulator is a key tool for exploring and optimising all aspects of the performance of the car and so maintaining an aggressive pace of continuous development is vital. You and the team will be responsible for ensuring that the simulator accurately captures the behaviour of the real car, considering both the vehicle dynamics and their interaction with the driver and hence, the simulator hardware and systems. By combining analysis with an awareness of potential developments both from within the company and outside you will be responsible for defining the development roadmap. You will then be responsible for the management and execution of the projects in this roadmap, whilst always ensuring the simulator is able to contribute to the car development programme as required.
You will find the role one that offers a broad range of challenges across several disciplines, all at the core of our performance development toolset.
- You have an outstanding academic background with an MEng or PhD in Mechanical / Control Engineering, Applied Maths, Physics or related discipline (high 2:1 or above).
- You thrive on varied technical challenges that push you academically and practically.
- You can quickly understand complex problems, identify and implement a route to solving them whilst balancing the need for technical rigour and excellence with pragmatism.
- You can work well to deadlines on a variety of timescales and balance you and your team’s workload between different projects.
- You are interested in managing and developing a team to deliver outstanding results and can work well with internal and external partners to achieve a common project goal.
- You have direct experience of relevant fields such as modelling of dynamical systems, vehicle dynamics, human factors or simulators, ideally in a high-level motorsport environment.