Purpose of the Role:
- Manufacture and assembly of aerodynamic models and related parts for development testing, plus fitting of the parts in the wind tunnel.
- Manufacture model components using a variety of mediums and processes.
- Ensure high quality of model parts, with on time delivery in full.
- Ensuring quality is not compromised.
- Reviewing assigned workload and where potential delays are foreseen, ensuring timely communication to managers and supportive of an alternative plan that will have minimal effect on the program.
- Pre fit and then fit model parts including during wind tunnel tests, in ways that will minimise ‘pit-stop’ time and ensure delivery to tunnel is complete.
- Working to agreed methods of work.
- Robust knowledge of departments metrology systems
- Work efficiently within the Model Shop as part of an established team.
- Where required, providing a work handover to a following shift.
- Where appropriate update systems to ensure accurate data information.
- Promote McLaren values amongst colleagues.
- Generate practical ideas for improving model manufacturing, fitting and quality.
- Where faults are identified, contain and inform management.
- To attend appropriate reviews as required.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Ensure Health and Safety procedures are followed at all times.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Extensive knowledge of Model manufacturing and fitting methods.
- Extensive knowledge of model assembly to aid design and process improvements.
- Extensive experience in carrying out model changes during ‘pit-stops’ within the Wind Tunnel.
- Model system handling and setup in wind tunnel and preparation room
- Wind tunnel model servicing and maintenance
- Wind tunnel Metrology and Setup
- Faro Tracker setup and operation
- Developing working relationships that promote faster delivery of parts and increase morale between shifts.
- Maintaining a basic understanding of Catia for part interrogation.
- PC literate to enable use of department systems.
- Methodical approach and target driven.
- Able to promote ‘best practice’ working standards.
- Where the need for change is appropriate, engaging others to influence the result.
- A ‘Can do’ attitude with a drive for technical excellence.
- Flexible in working hours including additional hours when required and travel.