Williams is one of the world’s most established Formula 1 teams. It exists purely to race in the top echelon of motor racing, where it has been winning Grands Prix for more than three decades. The Williams name has been synonymous with top-level Motorsport since the 1960s.
Reporting to the Business Process and Inventory Manager, we are seeking a Materials Controller to schedule, coordinate, and control the material requirements of the manufacturing areas.
- Administer material control processes in line with continuous improvement to ensure waste is monitored, identified and driven down.
- Co-ordinate with the Material Stores Teams to ensure all customers receive full, accurate and on time material orders, and that the material is issued from stock correctly.
- Liaising with Planning and Procurement teams for any supply, discrepancy, or quality issues.
- Provide forecasting estimates of future material requirements to ensure stock levels are sufficient to meet the demands of the business.
- Maintain knowledge of products and processes involved in the day to day management of materials control including auditing.
- Ensure all material stock is stored correctly adhering to legislation and company guidelines, and that the material types in stock are current and to the correct specification.
- Have a good understanding of the material traceability process with an involvement to make sure all relevant aspects are adhered to, highlighting any non-adherence to key stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Provide any necessary reporting required by the business.
- To contribute, be involved in, and actively support continuous improvement.
- Adhere to the company Health and Safety measures.
- Develop the role as necessary.
- Previous experience of working in a Materials Controller role.
- Computer literate – knowledge of MS Office applications, especially in the use of Excel. Knowledge of MS Dynamics AX is beneficial but not essential, training will be given.
- Attention to detail with good organisational skills.
- Good Team member with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Appreciation of Inventory control methods (stock receipting, cycle counting, FIFO, etc)
- Pro-active, positive nature, willing to learn quickly and take on new challenges.
- Self-motivated, motivational, and responsible.
What can Williams offer?
The Williams Group is based in Grove, Oxfordshire. Aside from the benefits which can be found at the bottom of this job description, we can also offer free onsite parking and large open green spaces to unwind during breaks. We are a short 5 minutes from Wantage, our closest town centre. We have an on-site gym which is free to use for all staff and contractors and we also have a subsidised restaurant on site.
The Williams Group is an equal opportunity employer who value diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we would be happy to discuss reasonable adjustments to the job with you.
Application closing date:
All applications must be received by 22nd January 2021.
Strictly no agencies.