At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Post-Production Supervisor based in Concord, NC.
The Post-Production Supervisor is tasked with developing and overseeing Post- Production workflows. The Supervisor will also manage the quality control process to ensure all projects meet the specified production requirements.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensure editing best practices are in place and utilized prior to delivery of shows and projects.
- Facilitate training and maintain updated documentation for full-time staff and freelance personnel on the company’s editing workflows.
- Ensure delivered shows and projects are edited to the appropriate client standards and within established deadlines.
- Manage and/or oversee the archiving of finished shows and projects to ensure they are stored correctly for future use.
- Collaborate in the pre-production process, including, but not limited to: planning resources (necessary personnel, facilities, budget, etc), determining timelines, and reviewing deliverables.
- Work closely with the Process Operations department on freelance personnel hires, assignments and scheduling.
- Stay abreast of industry developments on editing software and plugins to recommend for future implementation into the editing process.
- Actively identify and develop opportunities to increase delivery efficiency, implement in workflows and processes in a thoughtful and cost-effective manner when appropriate.
- Ensure that disruptions to the post-production workflow are escalated to appropriate channels and work to resolve them in a timely fashion with minimal disruption to post-production timelines.
- Work with Producer, Production Management, and Rights & Clearances teams to ensure compliance for all materials before final delivery.
- Directly supervises assigned staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities could include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Travel: <10%, including occasional and weekends
Required skills / experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and a minimum of five (5) years of experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Background in editing is preferred.
- Proficient on company-provided hardware and software, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiar with common post -production software, including Adobe Premiere Pro and DaVinci Resolve.
- Working knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, as well as Avid Media Composer.
- Familiarity with Fairlight and Pro Tools Audio systems.
- Able to communicate effectively inter-departmentally and across the organization.
- Well organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Able to see the “big picture’ in order to prioritize and delegate as needed.
- Able to build and maintain relationships with internal business units.
- Able to effectively deal with shifting priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.