Haas F1 Team is a dynamic Formula One race team that is building an open and discursive environment full of opportunities for motivated individuals in pursuit of a challenge. The Team is designed to allow the best and brightest talent to excel within the world’s premier form of racing. The team debuted in the FIA Formula One World Championship in 2016. Founded by industrialist Gene Haas, Haas F1 Team, is in Kannapolis, North Carolina, USA, with team operations in Banbury, UK and Parma, Italy. If you’re looking for an opportunity to make a difference on and off the track, join us.
We are looking to enhance our Logistics Department at our Race Team Hub in Banbury, UK. This is a fast-paced and challenging opportunity for a team-oriented Logistics Coordinator to make a substantial impact within a small team.
This position reports to the Operations Manager or his designee; located in Banbury, UK. Responsible for the shipping of parts and equipment from our suppliers to worldwide destinations. The role is accountable for a robust and transparent logistics chain which always adheres to best practices and customs regulations. The individual provides a key link from the factory to the track, ensuring an effective and accurate supply service to the race team.
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments.
- Management, implementation and adherence of our logistics policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Distributes in a timely manner, the companies freight plan whilst organizing and communicating the staff cover per event.
- Liaise with the purchasing department, suppliers and stores personnel to organize freight collections and shipments worldwide.
- Responsible for organizing, monitoring and communicating the status of freight movements ensuring timescales are adhered to at all times.
- Support and work with the stores function to ensure logistics requests are executed in a timely and organized manner
- Accountable for the logistics budget for freight origin of factory or vendor. Ensures freight bookings and expectations are in line with the budget constraints.
- Follows and enforces Health & safety standards in all venues.
- Controls & schedules all van movements within supply chain.
- Planning & Coordination of supplier movements within our supply chain.
- Follow all safety regulations in all venues.
- Assumes any responsibilities and duties delegated by the Operations Manager or his designee.
Education and Work Experience:
- GCSE, High School diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in Formula One parts and logistics is preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and meet liability/casualty insurance requirements.
- Forklift certification would be desirable.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Good computer skills, ideally with experience of Microsoft AX 2012 and Microsoft Excel.
- Experience of international courier and van shipments utilizing Carnet and T1 transit documents.
- Basic parts knowledge; including vendors, part functions and part numbers.
- Strong organizational and time management skills accompanied with solid oral communication, teamwork and people skills.
- A sympathetic approach to your work colleagues and an ability to integrate within a group environment.
- A can-do positive approach and a willingness to help others is essential.
Equipment and Applications:
- Solid computer knowledge, preferred experience in Microsoft Office products and Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Ability to follow complex regulations related to shipment of materials and facility maintenance requirements.
Work Environment Physical Demands:
An ability to work and prioritize within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role may require occasional domestic & international travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
This position may require lifting to 50 pounds, repeated bending, squatting and manual dexterity. Fast-paced work environment requiring heavy mental demands. Work environment includes machinery, race cars, 7-post and other rigs, grinding debris, and hazardous fluids. All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.