The purpose of this role is to operate, maintain and evolve existing Factory ERS test facilities to support development of the Formula 1 power unit. The initial focus of this role will be to support the existing ERS test facilities, however there are opportunities to devise and commission new test equipment.
• ERS test cells operation at Factory
• Battery and power electronics installation and removal
• Battery and power electronics testing
• Test equipment definition, assembly and maintenance
• Any other tasks as reasonably required by the Company.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Strong battery and/or power electronics testing knowledge and experience
• Good knowledge of battery and/or power electronics testing methodologies
• AVL Puma system experience highly desirable
• ATLAS/System Monitor experience highly desirable
• Strong fault finding and diagnostic abilities
• Able to devise, make and commission new test equipment
• Excellent document presentational skills
• An adept communicator, able to build good relationships across all cultures both internally and externally
• Fluency in spoken & written English is essential.
• Competence in Japanese or another European language is desirable