We are looking for people with exposure to one or more of the following areas:
Mechanical design, Composites design, Energy Storage Systems (ESS), Energy Recovery Systems (ERS), Battery Systems, Cooling Systems, High Voltage design (electrical components).
Ideally you will have previous Formula 1 experience, we will consider applicants from other forms of Motorsport.
The role will be based in Woking for 3-6 months to support current ESS development and project handover. On assignment completion the role will be based in Milton Keynes on a permanent basis.
You will work within the Energy Storage System (ESS) design project team and be responsible for conceptual and detail design of parts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Strong Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
* Metallic and Composite or high power battery systems or electrical or thermodynamics, fluid or heat transfer design experience.
* Previous Energy Storage System (ESS) experience would be beneficial
* Experienced at producing engineering drawings
* Good knowledge of materials and manufacturing techniques
* Familiar with CAD packages, previous experience of Catia V5 preferable
* PC literate
* Strong technical ability and problem solving skills
* High level of attention to detail
* Enthusiastic and self-motivated with high levels of initiative
* Excellent communication and teamwork skills
* Ability to plan and manage own workload/projects
* Able to work autonomously under pressure and meet tight deadlines
* Fluency in spoken & written English is essential. Competence in Japanese or another European language is desirable
* Travel overseas may be required
This job description may not detail some less major duties allocated to the post holder, nor cover duties of a similar nature, commensurate with the role, which may from time to time be reasonably required by the relevant manager.