Rodin Cars is a high-performance vehicle manufacturer featuring its own test tracks and research/development facilities based two hours north of Christchurch in the beautiful South Island of New Zealand.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Director to join our team.
This role will oversee all aspects of the development of Rodin products. This includes design, engineering, composites, machining, production, assembly testing, and inspection. You will work closely with our engineering and production teams, along with our Founder, to come up with an efficient and effective strategy to achieve our goal of making a hypercar faster than anything else on track.
- Overseeing all aspects of the development of Rodin manufacturing
- Responsible for delivering high level engineering solutions for all Rodin products
- Working closely with the Founder, lead the engineering departments on design and engineering decisions to achieve optimal car performance
- Close collaboration with internal and external manufacturing departments to ensure components are being manufactured to the highest quality
- Advising the Founder on clever engineering solutions for future Rodin products
- Working with the production team and project managers on development and manufacturing plans for Rodin products
- Having multiple years' experience in F1/LMP or other high level motorsport endeavours, with a proven track record of leading and delivering significant car projects
- A clear and holistic understanding of motorsport vehicle design
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills to ensure clear direction for projects and cross departmental integration
- High attention to detail and the ability to work under limited supervision for tight deadlines
- Experience in composite and machining industry preferred
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
If you feel you have the experience and ability to lead our engineering and production teams, and are already based in, or willing to relocate to New Zealand, please get in touch.