Prodrive is the world championship winning team behind some of the greatest names and achievements in world motorsport. Our skilled Technicians, Mechanics, Fabricators and Engineers work together every step of the way to design, build and then run elite competition cars on the track and off road across the globe. For more than 15 years we have been the team behind Aston Martin Racing and our GT Customer race programme is experiencing unprecedented growth. We are also involved in the Extreme E series and are the team behind an expanding Dakar works team and customer programme.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Sub-Assembly Technician to join the race team both at the factory and on event. You will be responsible for the coordination of the department’s day-to-day workload, leading the “can do” culture of the team.
- Build, maintain and service all the Race Teams sub-assemblies.
- On event servicing of sub-assembly components and play an active role in pit stops.
- Develop and maintain build processes.
- Work with the Chief Mechanic to recruit staff to agreed budget. Ensure skills and training of all sub-assembly team is up to date and relevant.
- Set and monitor quality levels, ensuring all problems are reported to the Chief Mechanic or engineering as necessary.
- Work with Chief Mechanic and Race Engineers to plan and implement work schedule.
- Always adopt safe working practices in compliance with Health and Safety regulations and company policy, drawing to the attention of the Chief Mechanic any matter of concern relating to safety of equipment or safety procedures.
Who are we looking for?
Our ideal candidate will have 5 years’ experience in high level motorsport (Formula 1, Sportscar or similar), and have hands on experience and knowledge of all assembly areas. The world of Motorsport is ever changing so we need someone who is flexible, reliable, hardworking and has a real passion for what they do!
What we can offer you:
A modern working environment with free onsite parking, competitive salaries as well as a tailored range of benefits, which include life assurance, free fitness assessments and advice from our ‘Fit 4 Life’ team, a subsidised canteen, onsite exercise classes, group personal pension, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays with an opportunity to purchase additional holiday, childcare vouchers and company discounts.