Williams is one of the world’s leading Formula 1 teams. It exists purely to race in the top echelon of motor racing, where it has been winning grand Prix’s for more than three decades. The Williams name has been synonymous with top-level motorsport since the 1960s.
You will be taking a lead in formulating and guiding conceptual design directions, using our state-of-the art CFD and wind tunnel facilities at the Grove factory, as well as data collected at the track, to achieve a thorough understanding of the car’s aerodynamics.
Key operational duties:
- Use CFD to iterate your designs, analysing and publishing results to the group to promote discussion and working effectively with the surfacing group.
- Construct wind tunnel and track experiments to assess performance and answer key aerodynamic questions.
- Supervise wind tunnel projects through surfacing, design and test.
- Analyse wind tunnel and track data alongside CFD results, publishing key findings.
- Provide guidance to other engineers and take a lead in key aspects of the aero group’s work.
- Contribute to wind tunnel shifts.
- Excellent team player and ability to work effectively with other groups.
- You have a proven track record of adding aerodynamic performance in an F1 environment.
- You have a keen eye for aerodynamic detail and can rapidly iterate your designs through CFD to achieve high quality solutions.
- You understand the regulations and can apply novel and creative thinking to your projects
- You have a degree in Aeronautical Engineering (or equivalent).
The Williams Group are based in Grove, Oxfordshire. We offer free onsite parking and large open green spaces to unwind during breaks. We are a short 5 minutes’ from Wantage, our closest town center.