Renault Sport Racing have an excellent opportunity to join our team at a tremendously exciting time in our history within Formula 1. As we continue to grow as a team, we are looking for a highly talented individual to join us as Senior Aerodynamicist.
Senior Aerodynamicist – The Role
This exciting role will report to the Principal Aerodynamicist within one of our aerodynamic development teams, developing aerodynamic solutions that aim to maximise the competitive performance of the race car. The post holder will be expected to contribute across the full life cycle of aerodynamic development from concept and hypothesis, CFD, Wind tunnel and track analysis from the Aero Performance Group.
The role will require the aerodynamicist to liaise with other teams in the aero department, including model designers, surfacers, CFD methodology, track side aerodynamicists, WT project engineers and model makers.
Senior Aerodynamicist – The Person
The successful candidate will possess an aerodynamic degree (or equivalent) and have a proven record of adding aerodynamic performance in an F1 environment. You will be able to demonstrate creative thinking and the ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
The successful candidate will
- Be educated to at least Bachelor level in Aerospace Engineering or an equivalent discipline with significant aerodynamic content.
- Have the ability to deploy aerodynamic theory in the solution of specific problems.
- Possess the capacity to understand the scope of a project and ability to manage tasks in order to deliver to deadlines.
- Have a working knowledge of CAD (preferably CATIA V5) and CFD in an F1 environment.
- Have experience of WT testing, preferably in F1.
- Possess excellent communication, liaison and team working skills, recognising that working together with colleagues in other disciplines is essential to the efficient function of the department.This position will involve some shift work in the WT including occasional weekend and night shifts as required.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Please apply with current CV, salary expectations and details of your notice period.
- Along with a competitive salary, we offer a range of excellent benefits including car schemes, pension, free onsite gym, subsidised canteen and many others.
Our offer to you
Along with a competitive salary, we offer a range of excellent benefits including car schemes, pension, free onsite gym, subsidised canteen and many others.
Please apply with current CV, salary expectations and details of your notice period.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.