The Racing Social Media Manager is responsible for overseeing social media strategy and execution across our Motorsport properties.
You’ll be managing the Motorsport.com, Autosport, F1 Racing Brands presence within the social media universe. Covering all forms of Motorsport both two and four wheels! This is one of the broadest and most comprehensive roles available in the Motorsport world.
This role coordinates with editorial, marketing, and management to support publication initiatives. The position primarily is responsible for editorial and organic social media to increase awareness and readership of the brand, as well as foster engagement on social platforms.
- Create the social media strategy and ensure execution.
- Communicate social media best practice and techniques to all of the divisions employees as necessary
- Oversee the social media output, ensuring a superior quality of communication and delivery is provided at all times
- Source and manage relationships with social platform partners to support and develop organic opportunities
- Act as the advocate of social media integration within the Company, influencing overall site and business strategies
- Provide benchmarks and analyze data provided by the social media team, to inform company-wide decision-making and commercial campaign targets are met
- Monitor and comment on trends in social media trends and application, acting as Company spokesperson within the
- social media industry
- Monitor the competition and be aware of market changes and developments.
- Lead team meetings both within the Automotive division and the Social Media team
- Social Media Strategy
- Social Media training, best practice and how to guides
- Global Social Media Content Plan for all racing brands
- Monthly reporting including insights and opportunity identification
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of relevant digital experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of journalism, communications, public relations, or a related field
- Possess a thorough command of the social media and digital world (from the evolving social web to mobile tools and trends)
- Sophisticated client service and digital communications skills
- Experience and understanding of journalistic best practices and ethics
- High energy and passion for this area of rapid change and innovation
- Proven ability in anticipating issues and working towards solutions to complex problems
- Creative, diplomatic, and fantastic interpersonal and presenting skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Knowledge and understanding of social media and networking platforms and monitoring suite suppliers
- Ability to build and leverage a strong network of peers and partners
- Motorsport relevant work experience is required.
- The position is based in our London office in the U.K.