Formula One is a high-tech world of fast paced innovation and engineering excellence, and its industry leading standards are not just limited to the pit lane. Whilst Red Bull Technology designs, manufactures, assembles and develops a race-winning Formula One car week on week, its sister business and high-tech external solutions division, Red Bull Advanced Technologies, is applying expert engineering, design, technology, simulation and production capabilities to other sectors. From leading safety projects such as the INDYCAR Aeroscreen to improving road bike aerodynamics through CFD.
From assisting the UK Government Covid-19 ventilator challenge with CAD and rapid prototyping to taking F1 technology to the road with the ground breaking Aston Martin Valkyrie, RBAT takes best practices and cutting edge technology from the race track to wider everyday society at blistering pace. Red Bull Advanced Technologies: We envision, conceptualise, create and deliver effective solutions.
Red Bull Advanced Technologies are looking for a Principal Mechanical Design Engineer to join our Mechanical Design Group to provide advanced mechanical engineering design expertise in order to produce robust and competitive mechanical design solutions from Hypercars to Hydrogen racing cars and everything in between including the diverse challenges as bikes, balloons and sailing boats.
In this Principal Mechanical Design Engineer position, you will be working within a small team, working on engineering designs of mechanical systems across different projects, maximising performance, whilst ensuring systems are safe with swift resolutions to any faults. You will work closely with the different engineering disciplines across Red Bull Advanced Technologies, including the FEA Analysts to ensure that comprehensive analysis has been conducted on components considering all load cases to maximise design optimisation.
To be considered for this Principal Mechanical Design Engineer position you will:
- Be educated to degree level within an Engineering discipline or equivalent
- Have experience working in a competitive, fast-paced, engineering environment
- Have significant experience in the design of mechanical systems including Suspension / Hydraulic and Powertrain related systems.
- be a proficient user of Siemens NX 3D Design software
- Possess the ability to generate and review 2D drawings, 3D schemes and design-related documentation.
- Have a flexible approach in finding the best compromise between technical attributes, budget, risk, and time constraints
- Hold previous experience working over several projects at a time with differing mechanical engineering disciplines from first principles.
Not only is this a fantastic role, but it is also a fantastic team to work for. A great salary is just the start, there are many other benefits too such as our bonus scheme, private health care cover, life assurance scheme, workplace nursery, company contributed pension scheme, free on-site gym & free fitness classes, daily free food, and a cycle to work scheme. With Red Bull Advanced Technologies, the possibilities are limitless.
Job Posting End Date
Wed, 8 Jun 2022