Are you an electrical or electro-mechanical engineer looking to work in a fast-paced environment to work on cutting-edge electrification projects?
Romax’s innovative software tools and engineering capabilities are built based on our established mechanical capabilities, however we are fast expanding into offering complete design and analysis of electro-mechanical systems. Romax has a Technical Centre based at the University of Sheffield specialising in electrification, including electrical machine design and analysis, electro-mechanical system integration and control. Our consultancy services and software tools have been developed to address specific electrification challenges and these tools are being adopted by leading OEMs and suppliers worldwide.
Our ambitious plans mean we are constantly looking for new talent to join our business. You will become part of a dynamic team working on our expert electrical and electro-mechanical analysis capabilities for EV and other electrification applications. This position has arisen directly in line with the company expansion in this fast growing area, and is therefore offering you an excellent opportunity to take a central role in this expansion and become an expert in this unique field.
We are looking for engineers with experience in automotive (or related) electrical machine design, and preferably experience on electro-mechanical and mechanical systems. You are highly motivated to be trained and learn new skills, allowing you to become an expert in electrical and electro-mechanical analysis of EV drive systems. You will be working in a highly skilled team of engineers working on a range of challenging projects and you are required to lead and deliver projects independently.
Typical work scopes will include
- Electro-magnetic finite element analysis
- Noise and vibration analysis and optimisation
- Thermal analysis and optimisation
- Electrical machine/power electronics prototyping and testing
- Electro-mechanical system concept design studies
- Technical lead on R&D and service projects, responsible for project delivery
- Technical support on commercial proposals and funding applications
- Engineers at Romax have the opportunity to learn and develop through the shared knowledge and experience of many talented and gifted colleagues.