Using own quality engineering skills, and through close team working with members of other Departments, to assure the quality of Alcon’s product output on a timely basis, to ensure that Alcon meets its customers’ requirements, and enhances its profitability
- To use APQP and PPAP process for new and existing projects, in both internally and externally sourced components as required by customer.
- To work closely with Sales, Engineering and Manufacturing functions to understand customer and product requirements, using Quality Tools and resources to validate new or improved processes, seeking continuous improvement as well as waste elimination.
- To liaise with Production to ensure product manufactured internally meets engineering specification and drive the resolution of quality problems that arise during production using appropriate problem solving methodology.
- In the event that inspection activity identifies a non-conformance, take rapid steps to initiate corrective action and prevent recurrence. Use corrective action format to identify the required actions.
- To represent Quality department in New Product Introduction meetings.
- To provide support on physical measurement as required, using metrology skills and experience to validate product and processes, including acting as back up in running existing CMM and Talyrond programmes to support Production priorities when Quality Technicians are unavailable.
- To assist with Supplier Development activities. Use appropriate techniques and skills to enhance overall supplier performance in line with Company requirements.
- Compile Quality report on findings and track 3rd party inspection costs, which can be either at customer or internally.
- To track, log and deal with customer returns up to final resolution.
- To prepare and maintain supporting documentation for external and internal quality audits.
- To carry out internal system and process audits related to Quality & Environmental systems.
- Do the upmost for proper record keeping on existing quality systems at the company.