We are looking for an experienced and hands-on Electronics engineer to be involved in assembly, service and support of motorsports communications radio systems. The successful applicant will have a strong background in electronics and VHF/UHF conventional & Digital Communication Systems. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career into the motorsport communications field, based at our Norfolk site. The applicant must be competent to work on your own initiative as well as part of a small team. The successful applicant will be willing to travel where necessary to Race circuits in the UK and Europe, (approximately 6 times a year for 1 – 4 days) The successful applicant should have good customer & communication skills.
The key responsibilities of a Motorsport Radio Communications Engineer include, but are not limited to:
- Setting up our bespoke system profiles in NXDN and DMR hand-portables, mobiles, repeaters and installing/configuring.
- Assembly of systems and components at our workshop.
- fault finding & repair of mobile and hand-portable equipment including our bespoke components.
- Performing field installations where and when necessary.
- Performing system design and custom programming of equipment.
- Taking technical support calls and attending site and race circuits to carry out a service and support.
- In house training will be given in all bespoke aspects of our work.
- Full driving licence.
Autotel has a strong presence in the Motorsport sector as a supplier of turnkey and bespoke radio communications systems in this very demanding environment.
Our systems are used extensively in the UK and Europe, we also supply worldwide though our dealer network.
We are a small company operating mainly in the specialised field of motorsport. Applicants should be comfortable working within a small organisation.
Autotel manufacture key components of our system in house, combining them with equipment from Kenwood, Icom and Hytera to produce a complete end user system.
We offer system design, service and support for Racing teams in top level motorsport, as well as providing off the shelf systems to a wide range of Motor racing teams.
Good electronics background, knowledge and training
Experience with communication system and installation
Good knowledge of IT systems
Good assembly and soldering skills
Interest in developing new ideas and products with the team.
The key skills, qualification and experience of a Motorsport Radio Communications Engineer:
- At least one year experience in RF engineering, with proven working experience in an engineering role, preferably in VHF/UHF communications with a strong electronics background.
- Demonstrating capability, or potential of acting as, lead engineer when working on site and the ability to work on their own initiative when working alone.
- An analytical thinker with a talent and passion for problem-solving.
- Strong organisation and time management skills, able to work swiftly and efficiently in a high pressure and fast-paced environment.
- Relevant Electronics qualifications, or equivalent experience.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.
Must be available to work in Loddon – Norfolk Monday to Friday, with the desire to work away where necessary.
Expected start date: 17/01/2022
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £24,973.00-£34,000.00 per year
All staff are asked to wear a mask when moving between areas and sanitise their hands on a regular basis. All staff are still asked to socially distance where possible. Twice weekly Lateral Flow tests are required.