Racing Point is a team on an exciting journey. Made up of true racers with a shared hunger for success, the team has set its sights on challenging the top names in the sport.
For 2021, a new chapter awaits, as Racing Point becomes Aston Martin F1 Team – marking sixty years since this iconic brand last raced in Formula 1 as a factory team. With fresh investment and energy, the stage is set to build on Aston Martin’s rich and glorious history in motorsport and establish the Silverstone-based team as a competitive force in the years ahead.
To succeed in its mission, the team is looking for talented individuals who share our passion for racing and competition. As the Aston Martin era beckons, get in touch and join one of the most exciting projects in Formula 1.
We have a new opportunity to be part of the Wind tunnel testing team in the role of Weekend Model Technician.
The successful candidates will ideally have previous experience of model-making in a high level motorsport environment; have a good attention to detail; work calmly and accurately under pressure; work positively and enthusiastically in a small team; and have a flexible attitude to helping fulfil the requirements of the department.
The role will primarily be focussed on working with our wind tunnel models during our weekend tunnel sessions; will include fitting detailed components, preparing / organising session projects; and carrying out several levels of model inspection. Recent experience of wind tunnel test sessions is essential, this role will include day and night weekend shifts in a rotation basis.
Additional duties may be required from time to time within our model build team to meet the high demands of the test sessions.
The Successful candidate must have the following attributes:
- Up to date experience of wind tunnel models and testing
- Good mechanical understanding of current wind tunnel models
- Good electrical installation knowledge and fault finding
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- A methodical and thorough approach to your work
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, combined with the ability to work well with colleagues
- Be self-motivated, enthusiastic and a dependable team player
- Possess good IT skills
- Have a positive attitude and be willing to help throughout the department
- Work well under pressure to meet time critical deadlines
- A willingness to work extra hours as required
The Key responsibilities of this role are:
- Fitting wind tunnel model parts to the highest level of accuracy possible
- Installation and de-rigging of models within the test section.
- Assisting within other areas of the department as required
- Ability to deal with technical challenges as they arise and knowing when to ask if unsure
- Meeting challenging and demanding deadlines
- Maintaining consistent high standards
- Being proactively aware of Health and Safety requirements
- Proven fault-finding experience
Applicants must have current eligibility to work in the UK and please note it is important to only apply for the single position most relevant to your expertise, your application is not enhanced when applying for multiple vacancies.