Racing Point is a team on an exciting journey. Made up of true racers with a shared hunger for success, the team has set its sights on challenging the top names in the sport.
For 2021, a new chapter awaits, as Racing Point becomes Aston Martin F1 Team – marking sixty years since this iconic brand last raced in Formula 1 as a factory team. With fresh investment and energy, the stage is set to build on Aston Martin’s rich and glorious history in motorsport and establish the Silverstone-based team as a competitive force in the years ahead.
To succeed in its mission, the team is looking for talented individuals who share our passion for racing and competition. As the Aston Martin era beckons, get in touch and join one of the most exciting projects in Formula 1.
We have a new opportunity to be part of the Model shop team in the role of weekday Model Maker.
The successful candidate must be Knowledgeable in model shop practises and standards, be enthusiastic, hardworking, flexible, proactive with a ‘can do’ attitude.
The Successful candidate must have the following attributes:
- Previous experience Working within F1 model shop environment
- Experience with complex mechanical assemblies
- Experience of wind tunnel testing
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- A methodical and thorough approach to your work
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, combined with the ability to work well with colleagues
- Be self-motivated, enthusiastic and be able to lead a small team of people
- Possess good IT skills
- Have a positive attitude and be willing to help throughout the department
- Work well under pressure to meet time critical deadlines
- A willingness to work extra hours as required
The Key responsibilities of this role are:
- Ensure wind tunnel projects are manufactured to a high standard and to tight deadlines
- Building large complex mechanical assemblies for the wind tunnel model
- Deal with technical challenges as they arise and know when to ask if unsure
- Manage workload and meet targets set
- Work with the design team to improve the efficiency and quality of the wind tunnel model as it develops
- Maintaining consistent high standards
- Diagnose and solve problems as they arise
- Being proactively aware of Health and Safety requirements
This is a weekday shift role with early/late and day shifts also weekend shifts on a rota.
Applicants must have current eligibility to work in the UK and please note it is important to only apply for the single position most relevant to your expertise, your application is not enhanced when applying for multiple vacancies.