Mechanical Design Engineer
Based in Leeds, Ginetta has been building British road and race cars since 1958 - but since its purchase by LNT Group in 2005, the company has grown to become one of the most significant players on the global motorsport scene.
We are now seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer
- Mechanical Design and 3D modelling of all areas of road and race vehicles including but not limited to suspension, cooling, chassis, bodywork and drivetrain installation.
- Creation of 2D drawings for manufacture of Machined, Fabricated and composite components/assemblies.
- Build Support (prototype and production)
- Assembly tooling design
- BOM Creation and management
- Liaising with internal and external suppliers to ensure design intent is realised.
- 3+ years’ experience in automotive/motorsport or similar industry
- 3+ years’ CATIA V5 experience
- Good GD&T knowledge
- Ability to perform hand calculations
- Knowledge of applicable, cost effective manufacturing methods
- Experience of designing composite components and tooling beneficial.
- CATIA V5 Generative Surface Design experience would be advantageous.
- Team player both in the design team and company as a whole
- Well-motivated with good self-management skills
- Strong attention to detail
Salary dep on experience