Founded by Jay Penske in 2007, DRAGON PENSKE AUTOSPORT is an American racing team which became one of the 12 teams competing in the all-electric FIA Formula E World Championship. This is an opportunity for a highly skilled team player to join us and make the difference.
Dragon is looking for talented individuals who share our passion for racing and competition.
Dragon is seeking an experienced Lead Mechanical Design Engineer with the desire and ability to design and engineer our next racing cars.
- Responsible for Mechanical Design, CAD modeling and drawings of the parts
- Responsible for the mechanical Architecture of the cars
- Concept and proposal for components integration
- FEA analysis
- Creation of detailed engineering drawings and related information
- Planning and schedule engineering tasks
- Work within the team to collectively develop the engineering capability and knowledge of the team.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by the company
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Significant experience in a top level motorsports environment in an similar Engineering position
- 3D modeling parametric design & 2D drawings
- Detailed knowledge in automotive/motorsports and their components
- Good understanding of product development processes
- Able to demonstrate technical knowledge of race car systems
- Strong technical skills
- Good communications skills with a requirement to work effectively within a team to develop, progress and adopt performance concepts.
- Ability to think outside the box
- The role would suit an engineer who enjoys working in a small, but passionate and supportive team of highly motivated individuals, focused on achieving high quality results in strict-deadline and strict-regulation setting. Previous track record as an accomplished team contributor and high levels of motivation are expected from the successful candidate.
Hands-on experience of working on embedded systems projects, within a fast-paced setting (ideally within F1/FE/or other high level motorsport)
Extensive experience developing Mechanical parts, Composite part, Assembly, Componenet integration, Piping …
- Effective problem-solving skills in a fast-paced environment with high level of attention to detail
- High level of personal resilience in order to deal with tight deadlines.
- Strong planning, organization and prioritizing skills in order to deliver tasks on time.
- Excellent communication and technical skills, with the ability to explain complex technical concepts
- Self-motivated and proactive
- A positive approach and a willingness to support colleagues
- Eligible to work in the UK
- An ability to work and prioritize within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role may require extensive domestic and international travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
- The team’s motto is ‘e pluribus unum’, meaning, ‘out of many, emerges one’. We place the highest value on integrity, self-motivation, impeccable attention to detail, relentless determination, resilience, and the ability to collaborate and works as team in an honest and high-pressure environment. We regularly go above and beyond and are committed to doing whatever is necessary to achieve our goals and make our ambitions a reality. We expect the same from everyone on our team.
Main Location of work : Silverstone, UK