We’re looking for an undergraduate to join our IT Service Desk team based in Milton Keynes giving you an opportunity to contribute to our success story. You will be a valued member of the team where you will be integrated into the day-to-day client support activities of our technical support team to help maintain and optimise our internal systems. This placement will provide you with an amazing opportunity to understand how an IT department supports the business demands in order to achieve its goals.
You’ll need to be highly analytical with excellent problem solving IT skills. The ability to communicate effectively is a pre-requisite, as you’ll be dealing with a variety of people at different levels across the business. The role will be technically hands-on, with a strong culture of doing what needs to be done. Project work is a key part of this role, and you will be expected to work both autonomously and as part of a team. In return you will gain experience in a range of services and technologies.
The main accountabilities of the roles are:
- Deliver excellent customer service and provide excellent communication skills
- As a first point of contact on the Service Desk, you will be part of a team accepting IT related issues (via telephone/email and desktop support) for the wide range of IT services we provide
- Passionate about building relationships and working with people across various teams
- Support and manage critical business applications and tools
- Technical approach to problem solving
- Setting up and configuring new laptops, desktops, tablets, phones and virtual machines
- Participate in project work (client hardware refresh, update end point controls)
- Proactively identify and propose opportunities to improve processes and systems
- Knowledge of creating batch scripts / windows scripts to automate tasks
- Assist with inventory management of software, hardware and other IT suppliers
- The placement will be for 1 year, starting in the summer of 2021
Candidates should be studying an IT related degree.