Founded by Jay Penske in 2007, DRAGON PENSKE AUTOSPORT is an American racing team which became one of the 12 teams competing in the all-electric FIA Formula E World Championship. This is an opportunity for a highly skilled team player to join us and make the difference.
Dragon is looking for talented individuals who share our passion for racing and competition.
Dragon is seeking an experienced Head of Control System Software Engineer who will be responsible for managing and developing the on-board control systems Software for our Formula E car, to develop the engineering tools and systems to support our Formula E program.
- Formulate, simulate, implement and test on car control systems
- Manage the Software team
- Software configuration and release management
- Fault diagnosis and track-based support activities
- Tools for supporting simulation, trackside, and test activities
- Working with Race drivers to improve their performance through driving features
- Continuously improve all the above
- Work within the team to collectively develop the engineering capability and knowledge of the team.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by the company
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Significant experience in a top level motorsports environment in an similar Engineering position
- The role would suit an engineer who enjoys working in a small, but passionate and supportive team of highly motivated individuals, focused on achieving high quality results in strict-deadline and strict-regulation setting. Previous track record as an accomplished team contributor and high levels of motivation are expected from the successful candidate.
Hands-on experience of working on embedded systems projects, within a fast-paced setting (ideally within F1/FE/or other high level motorsport)
Extensive experience developing embedded control systems using Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow
Knowledge of control systems design and tuning techniques
Ability to develop mathematical models of car systems to support control system algorithm development
Strong vehicle dynamics and tyre knowledge
Knowledge of motor / inverter systems
Knowledge of data analysis tools: Atlas, Windarab
Knowledge of lap time simulation techniques and race car energy optimization.
- Effective problem-solving skills in a fast-paced environment with high level of attention to detail
- High level of personal resilience in order to deal with tight deadlines.
- Strong planning, organization and prioritizing skills in order to deliver tasks on time.
- Excellent communication and technical skills, with the ability to explain complex technical concepts
- Self-motivated and proactive
- A positive approach and a willingness to support colleagues
- Eligible to work in the UK
- An ability to work and prioritize within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role may require extensive domestic and international travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
- The team’s motto is ‘e pluribus unum’, meaning, ‘out of many, emerges one’. We place the highest value on integrity, self-motivation, impeccable attention to detail, relentless determination, resilience, and the ability to collaborate and works as team in an honest and high-pressure environment. We regularly go above and beyond and are committed to doing whatever is necessary to achieve our goals and make our ambitions a reality. We expect the same from everyone on our team.
Main Location of work : Silverstone, UK