Due to Hewland’s continued expansion and strong product portfolio across both motorsport and future automotive, we are looking to recruit an Assembly Technician on the twilight shift to support Operations.
Hewland Engineering is relied upon by many of the world’s top motorsport teams. Performance car constructors, hybrid and electric transportation, innovators to extract the performance and reliability they require to get their high-performance transmission challenges done. Whatever the nature of your next motorsport or vehicle engineering project might be, Hewland can help with off-the shelf and bespoke solutions along with design consulting and manufacturing expertise. At Hewland, we believe that good customer service is every bit as important as a strong product.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the completion of manual assembly operations to deliver sub-assemblies and complete gearboxes to a quality standard.
- Validation testing of sub-assemblies and complete transmissions (test rig)
- Work in accordance with defined build processes (SOP) and procedure (QMS).
- Liaise with design and production as and when required to ensure smooth build of products.
- Rebuilding, repairing, and servicing gearboxes and other transmission-related products.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and manuals.
- Use of basic measuring instruments
- Maintenance of internal data basses and build record
- Ability to think on your feet
- Work to high levels of quality and cleanliness
- Reporting fault findings and methodically structured approach to fault finding diagnosis
- Deliver under pressure to strict deadlines without compromising quality
- Able to work outside core business hours including weekends and possible shift patterns as agreed to meet project deadlines
- Maintenance and continuous improvement of the assembly build areas and assembly techniques.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety procedures
- Actively participate in the Hewland Think Smart/Safe program
- Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment, notifying H&S when they need replacing
- Take care not to cause harm to yourself, a colleague, visitors, customers, or contractors
The ideal candidate must have/ skills required:
- Attention to detail
- Use own initiative
- Have a can-do attitude
- Customer Service focus
- Team player
- Responds positively when working under pressure
- Efficient and organised
- Excellent communication skills
Essential qualities in the following areas will be a distinct advantage:
- Experience in transmission assembly or similar high-quality specialist assembly work
- Relevant Mechanical NVQ qualification or equivalent
- Relevant Mechanical NVQ or similar craft apprenticeship t
- PC Literate
- Mechanical HNC qualification or equivalent
- Previous, motorsport transmission assembly and trackside experience
The hours are: Monday - Thursday 3.30 pm to midnight, Fridays 3.30 pm to 7 pm