MERITUS.GP/ is a championship-winning international motorsport team with a European heritage.
With more than 2 decades of experience in Asia since winning with Narain Karthikeyan (India’s first F1 driver), the MERITUS team has won 36 FIA titles at every level of the sport. 10 drivers have graduated to F1, 2 won Indy 500 and 2 won 24h Le Mans.
Organisers of the FIA’s Formula 4 championship in South East Asia, MERITUS are currently focused on developing youth in the sport. F4SEA is a single-organiser, 10-event FIA Championship using the Mygale-Renault F4 race car visiting Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Philippines, India, Taiwan, and Indonesia. The MERITUS team are dedicated to creating international motorsport heroes: our 2018 champion signed with Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 and the 2019 winner with Renault F1.
MERITUS and F4SEA are currently looking for Performance Engineers who would be responsible for:
- Leading their group to ensure they are reliable and at maximum performance
- Training Data-Engineers and Mechanics within their group
- Working with Race Drivers to prepare, diagnose and fix any issues with their cars and improve their performance through engineering or race-craft changes
- Creating session plans for their group and driver(s) including tyre pressures, tyre plan, run length and setup
- Reporting and cataloging any issues that occur and consulting on the solution and possible future application to other cars to improve performance/reliability
- Reporting and cataloging tyre usage, consumables, and mileage
For the 2020 season, because of the coronavirus, F4SEA will hold a shortened 5-6-event calendar. All races will be in Malaysia to minimize travel and exposure.
The championship will start in September when travel will be more feasible. The Performance Engineer will be brought in 1-2 weeks prior to the start of the championship to meet their group, examine the cars, go over procedures and do any training necessary.
The Performance Engineer would need to be in attendance at each of the F4SEA race-events below from Sunday the week prior, as there is testing on Monday.
- 21-23 August Sepang
- 11-13 September Sepang
- 17-18 October Sepang
- 07-09 November Sepang
- 27-29 November Sepang
- 04-06 December Sepang
This position would initially be for an independent contractor, but the team are interested in discussing a full-time position as we move forwards.
Interested candidates please submit their applications through www.motorsportjobs.com