For many fans of Formula One, the sport exists between lights and chequered flag on a Sunday afternoon. It begins and ends with the exploits of the drivers on the track. But this is merely the tip of the spear. The reality of modern F1 is that of a complex and intertwined operation, every part of which needs to perform near its limit if success is to be achieved. From the pit crew searching for the ultimate repeatable pit stop, to the inspiration of the designers, the application of engineers and the herculean efforts of an army of fabricators and machinists. Much of our success is thanks to the diversity of thought and spectrum of skill sets held within the team, our ability to recognise unique contributions from individual team members is just a part of why we love what we do.
We are looking for a highly motivated Electronics Engineer to join our PU Validation & Testing department, which uses physical testing to prove out Powertrain systems - covering an extensive range from single components to full vehicle with electrified powertrain.
Working in our brand-new and purpose-built test facility, you will be at the forefront of developing new technologies and delivering exciting test programmes.
For this Electronics Engineer, you will be responsible for the design and continued development of electrical installations across our F1 Powertrain Dynos and Test Rigs. Creating robust installations for a wide range of test setups, accountabilities include:
- Understanding electrical requirements and specifications for varied projects including test rigs, instrumentation and interfacing across the test field
- Subsequent electrical design of wiring looms, panels and complete installations using Siemens NX 3D CAD
- Create 2D electrical drawings for manufacture, and support in-house commissioning, integration and testing
- Diagnosing and resolving electrical and instrumentation faults across the test field with a hands-on approach
- Producing and managing documentation covering both existing installations and future projects
- Experience with AVL or other DAQ HW/SW and data analysis would be highly beneficial
To be considered for this Electronics Engineer, you will need the following essentials:
- Educated to Batchelors Degree level in a relevant Engineering area (Mechanical, Automotive, Electrical)
- Experienced in Electronics Engineering in an Automotive, Test or Motorsport setting
- Knowledge in Schematic, PCB design and 3D Modelling
- Working knowledge with a wide range of connector types, instrumentation and associated harness design
- Creativity and a practical approach to deliver hardware as part of a best-in-class Test Facility
Not only is this a great opportunity, it’s also a fantastic team to be part of. A good salary is just the start; there are many other benefits including a race bonus scheme, private health care cover, life assurance scheme, company contributed pension scheme, on site gym & fitness classes, free food and a cycle to work scheme.
Fri, 31 Mar 2023