When our founder Bruce McLaren passed away at the age of 32 he left behind a legacy that has shaped who we are today. We have an unrivalled heritage which has its roots in racing; but McLaren Automotive is now creating a story of its own and we want you to be a part of it.
For the next 6 years as part of McLaren’s Track 22 plan, we are looking to invest £1 billion into Research and Development, leading to the launch of 15 all-new cars or derivatives during this period.
Purpose of the role:
Working as part of the Motorsport & Events team in the service, maintenance and running support of a fleet of McLaren Automotive vehicles to customers in both event and non event environments.
- As a support team member ensure the successful delivery of the PURE event program schedule.
- Co-ordinate simultaneous vehicle builds in an effective and intelligent manner, managing conflicting priorities to tight deadlines.
- Develop good working relationships with members of the core team to ensure quick problem resolution, and efficient communication of technical issues
- Work with Engineers and technicians on the integration of systems onto vehicles, commissioning and rectifying electrical faults where necessary.
- Lead all electrical rework, and support software updates using a variety of diagnostics tools (EDICUSB – Monaco, Vector CanCase XL- CANape, and ETAS systems)
- Provide training and support for users of diagnostic equipment.
- Assist in the garage setup and setdown process at each event.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Educated to Technician/BTEC level in a relevant electrical/mechanical engineering discipline.
- Practical knowledge of vehicle wiring.
- Experience of supporting and maintaining high performance vehicles, and ability to contribute to component and system fault diagnosis.
- Experience of Electric or Hybrid vehicles and required associated training.
- Knowledge of CAN based tools and loggers such as Vector GL series and PCan pro
- Able to use tools such as CANape, CANalyzer & ETAS systems Data analysis tools such as ATLAS
- Team player able to motivate others and deliver to high standards at all times, whilst under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Takes the opportunity to proactively use initiative where appropriate.
- Highly self-motivated and able to motivate a team.
- A team player who can support others whilst also getting involved in day to day tasks as necessary.
- Able to lead by example and set expectations accordingly.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Results focused and driven to achieve successful outcome.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively both in the UK and abroad.
We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our aim to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
At McLaren Automotive we are constantly looking to improve. To become the employer of choice we are always looking to develop our employee offerings. We currently offer a range of benefits to employees at all levels of the business including Private Healthcare, Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance and Personal Lease Car Scheme. We also offer a range of discounts with our partner organisations.