Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
This role will be the subject matter expert and technical leader for the ZF Data Engineering Core Team and Expert Network (Center of Excellence.) The role will be tightly interlinked to ZF’s division / function, closely partnering with respective technical teams delivering Data Engineering capabilities into products across the entire ZF portfolio of Data Science projects. Externally, the role will serve as figure head and focal point for excellence, innovation, and new capabilities in Data Engineering at ZF. The role will partner with the ZF IoT platform team to develop implementation patterns and building blocks for Data Engineering to reduce cost and increase performance of Analytical Data Assets, as well as with the Digital Monetization team to support monetization of Data and Analytics.
- Relationship management with Divisions/Functions to ensure buy in to internal Analytical Data Assets.
- Coordination work and relevant communication with other cross functional teams within the broader ZF organization (IT, R&D, …) to deliver a seamless overall delivery experience to the different Divisions/Functions
- Act as the change agent in building credibility for the Digital organization by consistently delivering to business expectations
- Work with the internal teams (Digital Labs, Digital Factory, …) to maximize synergy.
- Support the build-up of an efficient organization that allows for realization of ZF’s Digital goals
- Lead and manage necessary project teams to successfully deliver the stated objectives for lighthouse Analytical Data Assets projects
- Use appropriate and effective communication methods to engage and manage stakeholder expectations.
Experience and Skill Requirements
► Demonstrated experience working both at either an OEM or the supply base, or equivalent
► Passion for technology with the requisite operations expertise and an entrepreneurial spirt
► A builder, not just a refiner, who is versatile and agile in an evolving environment
► Minimum of 7-15 years of experience in Data Engineering with at least five years of leadership experience with enterprise-wide responsibility preferably in a complex organization
► Strong managing, organizing and evaluating skills with a track record of developing and implementing a sophisticated, end-to-end service delivery model
► Demonstrated capability to communicate findings, orally and visually, to senior leadership members and outside partners and customers in the technology ecosystem
► Deep technical understanding of Data Engineering as well as a demonstrated track record of envisioning the application of these methods to achieve documented results