SHAPE is looking for an apprentice pattern maker to join our fast-paced environment serving the Aerospace, Automotive, Motorsport and F1 industries.
- Blocking up different materials (Epoxy/PU/Rohacell)
- Ensuring patterns are hand finished to a high standard and within specification
- Working with the workshop manager to ensure processes are running efficiently
We expect you to have:
- Excellent team working skills and a desire for continuous improvement
- A good ability to use your initiative and respond quickly to problems
- A full UK driving license
We’re impressed if you have:
- Work experience demonstrating you work well within a team
Annual salary is paid monthly and the rate is dependent upon experience and placement duration; the successful candidate also will be eligible for an annual bonus related to personal development targets and company performance. SHAPE offers flexible working arrangements to suit individual staff. You will gain mentoring from our experienced sales, design and manufacturing staff.
Our office and manufacturing site are based in Witney, which is 10 miles West of Oxford City and has good public transport links, parking and access to local amenities. From time to time you may need to travel within the UK and Mainland Europe to visit our customers and suppliers.
SHAPE Machining Ltd is a multi-axis machining and advanced engineering company founded in 2014 by Peter McCool (former F1 Chief Designer and FE Technical Director). We provide precision composite machined tooling to the motorsport, automotive and aerospace industries and a growing number of other sectors requiring complex composite tooling and engineering services.
SHAPE is currently growing its engineering and development capabilities. We’re able to provide clients with unrivalled service because of the depth of experience and knowledge throughout the team combining this with cutting edge manufacturing and multi-axis machining capability.