The McLaren name is synonymous with motorsport. The story across five decades of racing at the pinnacle of global motorsport is of restless technical development with characters of passion and true grit, all with a single-minded determination to succeed.
With a backdrop of continued growth and success, McLaren Automotive is now consolidating its motorsport strategy with specific aims; enriching the customer’s experience on and off track, broadening the McLaren brand appeal to a wider global audience and delivering motorsport experiences that are best in class.
To support our extensive growth, we are looking for a Aftersales Manager to join our Commercial team within McLaren GT Motorsport.
Purpose of the role:
As Aftersales Manager, you will support the roll out of our Motorsport Dealer Network and ensuring we develop a strong set of relationships with new sponsors and technical partners.
This is a critical role that will play a pivotal part in ensuring the long term success of our Motorsport function and the role we play with our global customer base.
- Recruit, develop & manage manage the Motorsport Aftersales team to deliver services and parts supply to Motorsport Retailers and customers of McLaren motorsport’s GT programmes
- Build, develop and maintain relationships between McLaren motorsport department and McLaren Automotive’s main Aftersales department
- Evolve online portal through which aftersales orders are processed as well as communicating key technical bulletins and advice to Motorsport Retailers and customers
- Manage team that processes Motorsport Retailers’ and customers’ parts orders and account management
- Manage supply of sub-assembled components into Aftersales supply chain
- Oversee the strategy and management of Aftersales stores at McLaren motorsport HQ
- Oversee management of track-side parts supply and logistics
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Skilled negotiator adept at managing complex negotiations at management level with both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of developing online sales solutions within automotive and/or motorsport industries
- Familiarity with automotive and/or motorsport supply chains and stores management
- Familiarity with operating metrics to drive performance
- Demonstrable success of contractual management, delivering both relationship stability and commercial advantage
- Confident in presenting strategies with required analysis and business case
- Ability to drive results whilst working across a wide range of stakeholders
- Knowledge of SAP would be advantageous
- Communication, performance reporting and business case justification at a strategic level within an organisation
- An energetic, driven and goal based leader with a passion for delivering challenging projects to exact and compact timescales with a significant amount of innovation and customer focus
- An excellent communicator with the ability to lead and motivate teams and work cross functionally
- Passionate about engineering and design in high performance automotive environments
- Confident, engaging communicator able to influence and lead high level meetings
- A natural mentor and coach who values personal relationships across the whole business
- Adopts a creative & thoughtful approach to concept design and solving engineering problems with good attention to detail and an engaging mind
We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our aim to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
At McLaren Automotive we are constantly looking to improve. To become the employer of choice we are always looking to develop our employee offerings. We currently offer a range of benefits to employees at all levels of the business including Private Healthcare, Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance and Personal Lease Car Scheme. We also offer a range of discounts with our partner organisations.