Williams is one of the world’s leading Formula 1 teams. It exists purely to race in the top echelon of motor racing, where it has been winning grand Prix’s for more than three decades. The Williams name has been synonymous with top-level motorsport since the 1960s.
We are seeking a dynamic multi-disciplined engineer able to work across all Aero functions with a specific focus on devising, developing and implementing improvement projects in our Aerodynamic Test Facilities.
Key operational duties:
- Create and develop wind tunnel, model and car systems aimed at improving aerodynamic test techniques and capabilities.
- Conduct fair and representative tests of new techniques, reporting results and progress to the wider department and team.
- Develop an awareness of new technologies across all relevant disciplines.
- Act as point of contact for external wind tunnel customers and associated projects.
- Excellent team player and communicator, able to work effectively across multiple groups.
- Highly analytical and capable of approaching challenges with a new perspective.
- Able to work at a fast pace and with a high degree of accuracy and flexibility.
- Excellent Project Management skills.
- Some wind tunnel experience would be advantageous, as would experience within a motorsport environment.
The Williams Group are based in Grove, Oxfordshire. We offer free onsite parking and large open green spaces to unwind during breaks. We are a short 5 minutes’ from Wantage, our closest town center