About Fisker Inc.
California-based Fisker Inc. is revolutionizing the automotive industry by developing the most emotionally desirable and eco-friendly electric vehicles on Earth. Passionately driven by a vision of a clean future for all, the company is on a mission to become the No. 1 e-mobility service provider with the world’s most sustainable vehicles. To learn more, visit www.FiskerInc.com – and enjoy exclusive content across Fisker’s social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. Download the revolutionary new Fisker mobile app from the App Store or Google Play store.
As the Senior Manager Vehicle Logistics, Europe, you will be responsible for establishing the European Fisker logistics strategy and distribution operations. This position will require setting up our European vehicle logistics operations, including rail and truck transport. In addition, it will require working with IT to develop vehicle tracking systems and integration with third party transport providers. Lastly, this position will conduct transportation optimization planning.
This is an exciting and impactful position for an operations expert who wants to build a highly effective and impactful operation from the ground up.
The job position is based in Munich, Germany.
- Create European logistics strategy and work with transportation partners to implement Fisker operational standards.
- Identify and partner with transportation providers (truck and rail) to ensure high quality and timeliness of vehicle transportation.
- Develop logistics processes and policies to be implemented with transport providers and manage capacity inventory issues involving off site storage locations.
- Oversee logistics operations through affiliate partners at vehicle processing centers at foreign and domestic locations.
- Establish PDI repair and PDI installed accessory facilities with Aftersales, to implement a non-factory installed accessory program to generate additional revenue.
- Work closely with IT to provide logistics input and build transparency and visibility for customers into the vehicle transportation and delivery process.
- Ensure optimization of logistics functions to deliver company results while providing a transparent, customer focused experience.
- Partner with manufacturing, marketing, retail, service, IT, finance, legal and other key departments to implement plans which support company’s targets.
- Develop best in class European-wide customer delivery at home via 3rd Party Service Providers.
Basic Qualifications / Knowledge / Experience
- Highly knowledgeable in all areas of vehicle logistics & distribution
- Experience developing and presenting detailed business plans
- Development of financial forecasts, breakeven, and ROI
- Relationship and consensus building across business functions and with stakeholders
- Vendor management
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competences
- Minimum 5 years progressively responsible automotive experience with at least 2 years at the Manager level at OEM HQ or within an automotive logistics/distribution provider
- Bachelor’s degree
- Entrepreneurial & innovation mindset; flexibility, sense of urgency, creative problem solver, desire to build from the ground up
- Positive attitude, team player, collaborator
- Results oriented, attention to both “big picture” as well as detail
- Excellent communication, management, and leadership skills
- Ability to manage multiple, important projects simultaneously and under deadline
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Fluent in German and English
- Must be willing to travel both domestically, as well as internationally, as required
- Must be willing to work overtime and on weekends where needed to meet deadlines and company goals