Do you like challenges and motor racing?
MYGALE is a French racing cars designer and manufacturer one of the world leaders on single seater markets. Started in 1989 with forty employees.
We are based in France in a factory on the Nevers Magny-Cours circuit.
You share our values of excellence, ambition and reactivity: Join our team and take part in an extraordinary professional adventure, in a small, dynamic structure, in the international environment.
We have new opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Design engineer to manage the study and project development phase of a new Regional Formula 3.
Key responsibilities / Duties
The designs will include systems definition and package, bodywork studies and production drawings, feasibility studies and concept of new sub-systems (cooling, steering, chassis design, bodywork, engine systems, suspension):
- definition, design and production drawings of mechanical and composite parts in team collaboration, multi-functional activities.
- Dimensioning of parts compliant to technical regulation and cost target
- Collaboration and co-design with partner suppliers.
- Work closely with manufacturing team to develop and optimize parts design.
- Follow up of prototype assembly and development
- Graduate mechanical engineer
- 3 years minimum experience in mechanical engineering, ideally in a motorsport design office.
- 3 year minimum CATIA V5 experience (3D and 2D proficiency): part design, assembly design and surface, stress analysis
- experience of FEM calculations in CATIA V5
- Knowledge of MSC SimDesigner software would be a plus
- good knowledge of small batch machining, fabrication and composite production.
- proficient knowledge of French and English language.
- European passport or authorised to work in France
- self-motivated, capable of working from a design brief with a minimum of supervision for component design and calculation. You will be integrated into our Design Office (team of 4 engineers).
Job located in Magny-Cours/France, available asap for a full-time long contract.
Gross annual salary: between 42 and 50 K€. Senior status: 218 days per year.