Primarily responsible for providing tire analysis and vehicle simulation support to the race teams. Simulation support to include, but not be limited to, maintenance and operation of static simulator; creation of simulation models and drive files; development and execution of Driver in the Loop (DIL) test plans; and analysis & reporting of data.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze tire data and make data-driven recommendations on tire geometry and inflation pressures to race teams on a weekly basis.
- Work with race teams and drivers to improve simulation models to racetrack correlation by optimizing tire characterizations.
- Maintain and operate static simulator(s).
- Use proprietary simulation tools to evaluate vehicle setups and to create DIL test plans.
- Analyze data from DIL test sessions and document findings in written report format.
- Create drive files for simulation models.
- Provide simulation help desk support to trackside teams.
- Develop and maintain efficient software tools for race engineering functions.
- Attend track tests and limited races to aid in data collection and perform on-site validation.
- Attend competition meetings.
- Be and remain familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within NASCAR.
- Represent 23XI Racing in a professional manner at all times.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.
Required Skills, Experience and Abilities
To perform the job successfully, you should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree required
- 5+ years of high-level motorsports experience
- 3+ years of experience and proven fluency with full-vehicle simulation applications and data analysis
- 1+ years of experience using Motec i2 software preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of tire models and Pacejka coefficients
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft OneNote
- Knowledge of NASCAR rules and regulations preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of mechanical systems
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to assess and react to situations in a fast-paced stressful environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Skills to work independently and operate well under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to identify and propose solutions to complex issues
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to drive execution and results