For many fans of Formula One, the sport exists between lights and chequered flag on a Sunday afternoon. It begins and ends with the exploits of the drivers on the track. But this is merely the tip of the spear. The reality of modern F1 is that of a complex and intertwined operation, every part of which needs to perform near its limit if success is to be achieved. From the pit crew searching for the ultimate repeatable pit stop, to the inspiration of the designers, the application of engineers and the herculean efforts of an army of fabricators and machinists. Much of our success is thanks to the diversity of thought and spectrum of skill sets held within the team, our ability to recognise unique contributions from individual team members is just a part of why we love what we do.
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Electronics Support Engineer to join our Electronics Support Group. As part of our Travelling Team, you will be responsible for all aspects of Electrical and Electronic support of our on and off car installations at a variety of events including Race, Test and PR events.
- Be the responsible Electronics department member for Support Team events
- Ensure the Master Set-up and documentation for the Electronics’ System is fully maintained.
- Carry out Electrical/Electronic event support and coordination for Support Team events, this includes assistance with garage/rig set-up and car maintenance.
- Provide Race Team Ops Room Support as required.
- To control and support all aspects of the on-car Electrical and Electronic system for the assigned chassis at all times, including system and controls set up, failed component reporting, fault diagnosis and resolution.
- To control and maintain the spares and equipment required to fulfill the role ensuring that there is a full inventory for all sets of show car shipments
- To configure and maintain the on car and off car telemetry and radio system where applicable.
- Ensure that the assigned chassis is correctly built and tested, to fulfill the requirements set out on the event build specification, prior to arrival at the event.
- Lead the appointed Electrical Technician, where required, ensuring the correct build and support of the relevant chassis
- Coordinate the required support; from other areas within the company, to ensure the timely availability of all necessary systems and or equipment required to operate the car and associated systems.
- Currently/Recently have be working within a similar role, ideally within F1 Electronics and Control Systems, including ATLAS and System Monitor
- Ideally have experience sing MATLAB.
- also have experience in all types of Electrical and Electronic installations, including MIL specification wiring installations and sensor technologies
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent in an Electronics discipline, combined with relevant experience of Motorsport Electrical and Electronic Systems.
- Possess the ability to write code and update software tools would be an advantage.
Not only is this a fantastic Electronics Support Engineer role, but it is also a fantastic team to work with . A good salary is just the start, there are many other benefits too such as our bonus scheme, private health care cover, life assurance scheme, workplace nursery scheme, company contributed pension scheme, on site gym & fitness classes, free daily food allowance, and a cycle to work scheme and of course free Red Bull to keep you firing on all cylinders!
Job Posting End DateSun, 9 Apr 2023