Founded by Jay Penske in 2007, DRAGON PENSKE AUTOSPORT is an American racing team which became one of the 12 teams competing in the all-electric FIA Formula E World Championship. This is an opportunity for a highly skilled team player to join us and make the difference.
Dragon is looking for talented individuals who share our passion for racing and competition.
Dragon is seeking an experienced Commercial Director who is responsible to research, identify, negotiate and close the sponsorship and partnership deals, to achieve team revenue goals.
This will be a key role in focusing on growing the revenue generation through marketing sales. The Goal is to expand the Team’s commercial activity to lead to sustainable growth.
You will be responsible for managing communications related to: partnership marketing, business development, social media and Client management.
A successful candidate has a strong entrepreneurial mindset, a creative strategist with excellent organizational abilities
- Research, identify, and track sponsorship prospects within target industries and segments
- Pitch, negotiate and close sponsorship deals to achieve team revenue goals
- Lead and direct ongoing sponsorship sales presentations with internal and external partners; develop positive relationships with prospects to build a robust funnel of prospects
- Work with our existing partners to develop B2B offerings and build commercial / technical partnership opportunities within our ecosystem of partners
- Provide weekly reporting of sales metrics including pipeline generation, account status, revenue and quota attainment, and relevant sponsor interaction
- Develop and track KPIs for each partnership to achieve each sponsor’s objective
- Develop internal KPIs for marketing, and communications functions
- Oversee marketing, communications, and sponsorship fulfillment personnel
- Continuously improve all the above
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by the company
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- 7+ years in sales and business development role for a sports/entertainment property or agency with a demonstrable track record of exceeding sales goals
- Strong internal drive and work ethic; a customer-service oriented approach, willingness to go above-and-beyond, and a new-job-too-big or too-small mentality
- Experience developing and selling fully integrated sponsorship packages utilizing a variety of assets including (i.e. entitlement and naming rights, in-venue visibility, digital media, broadcast media, social media assets, etc.) and the ability to educate/articulate the benefits of these offerings to c-suite and board level decision makers
- Experience developing engaging and impactful sales plans and presentations, promotional campaigns, proposals and associated contract negotiations
- Excellent written and verbal communication; ability to collaborate, influence and build positive relationships within a multitude of business environments
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and efficiently lead and prioritize multiple projects
- A passion for new business development and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Additional Languages are a bonus
- Education: Bachelor degree 4 years university.
- Excellent communication and technical skills
- Strong planning, organization and prioritizing skills in order to deliver tasks on time.
- Self-motivated and proactive
- A positive approach and a willingness to support colleagues
- Eligible to work in the UK or in US
- An ability to work and prioritize within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role may require extensive domestic and international travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
- The team’s motto is ‘e pluribus unum’, meaning, ‘out of many, emerges one’. We place the highest value on integrity, self-motivation, impeccable attention to detail, relentless determination, resilience, and the ability to collaborate and works as team in an honest and high-pressure environment. We regularly go above and beyond and are committed to doing whatever is necessary to achieve our goals and make our ambitions a reality. We expect the same from everyone on our team.
Main Location of work : Los Angeles, USA or Silverstone, UK