After more than 60 years away from Formula One, Aston Martin is back on the grid for 2021. Based in Northamptonshire, Aston Martin Cognizant Formula One™ Team has more than 500 passionate people at its heart, making a team with both a rich heritage and a fresh perspective – bringing new energy to the sport with a determination to shake up the order and compete at the sharp end.
The Aston Martin era represents the beginning of a new journey for us, but the racer’s attitude and can-do approach remain central pillars in the team’s philosophy. The focus is always on improving performance and delivering results. With fresh investment and energy, the stage is set to build on Aston Martin’s rich history in motorsport and establish Aston Martin Cognizant Formula One™ Team as a competitive force in the years ahead.
To succeed on this mission, the team is looking for talented individuals who share our passion for racing and hunger for competition. It’s a stimulating and rewarding place to work, with pure racing at the core of everything we do. We are building for a strong future and every member of the team will play an important role in our success.
We are a brave and united team who value authenticity, honesty, and are never afraid to question conventions. We embrace these values in ways that reflect our modern world. If you share our racer’s spirit and want to contribute to the next chapter in Aston Martin’s glorious history, please apply and join one of the most exciting projects in Formula One.
We have a new opportunity to be part of the expansion of the Full-Size Machine Shop in the role of CAD/CAM Programmer.
The successful candidate must be enthusiastic, hardworking, knowledgeable of machine shop / programming practices and standards, flexible, proactive and have a ‘can do’ attitude. Organisation, time management and efficiency are also key in this role.
The Successful candidate must have the following attributes:
- Previous experience programming HyperMill 3 & 5 Axis ideally in a motorsport environment
- Previous experience with Fanuc and Heidenhain control systems
- Vericut experience and previous employment as a machinist would also be an advantage in this role
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- A methodical and thorough approach to your work
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, combined with the ability to work well with colleagues
- Be self-motivated, enthusiastic and a dependable team player
- Possess good IT skills
- Have a positive attitude and be willing to help throughout the department
- Work well under pressure to meet time critical deadlines
- Offline programming of CAD/CAM software (HyperMill)
- Liaising with colleagues in the Machine Shop and other departments
- Successfully meeting challenging and demanding deadlines
- The ability to multitask whilst remaining organised and focused
- Maintaining consistent high standards
- Being proactively aware of Health and Safety requirements
- Dealing with technical challenges as and when they arise and know when to ask if unsure
Aston Martin Formula One Team is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining the most talented individuals, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion, belief, sex or sexual orientation. We strive to be a Team that reflects all the communities with which we engage around the world through diversity in the workplace and promoting an inclusive culture in which all team members are respected, empowered and valued.