Business Development Manager - Lithium Ion Batteries
Salary: £40,000 - £60,000 per annum.
Position: Permanent, Full time.
Location: Remote, UK.
Altertek Ltd are seeking a highly driven Business Development Manager to join the company and drive new sales activities and develop existing opportunities.
The role involves: Seeking out new customers, bid proposals, existing customer management, marketing guidance and forming sales strategies centred around the design and manufacturing of bespoke lithium batteries for unique applications such as EV, Storage, Aviation, Robotics, Subsea etc.
Altertek Ltd – Overview
Altertek is a specialist Lithium Ion battery design, electronics development, integration and manufacturing company that provides bespoke batteries for unique applications.
Altertek work with customers in exciting applications such as Motorsport, Subsea, Robotics and Automotive.
Altertek design and manufacture complex high and low voltage battery solutions that usually require high degress of safety and integration making demand for their services very high.
All of Alterteks battery systems are designed and manufactured to their certified ISO9001:2015 integrated management system.
- Fast growing company,
- Exciting product sector,
- Opportunity to lead and mould the sales function,
- Fast non-bureaucratic decision making,
- Company pension scheme,
- Altertek operate a flexible working week based around core hours which is great for working parents, gym sessions and other hobbies and interests.
Altertek offer 30 days annual holiday including statutory bank holidays and also offer an additional 1 day’s holiday for every completed year of service up to an additional 5 days.
Position - Detailed
Altertek are currently looking to recruit a highly motivated, passionate and focused Business Development Manager to join the company but working remotely.
The Managing Director currently looks after the sales function and due to company growth, the company is setting up a dedicated sales function and are looking for an experienced individual to lead and develop it including some of its marketing activities.
The candidate will be in charge of sales from a global perspective so national and international travel will be a necessary requirement. The role will be primarily based from home with the occasional attendance at the main office required for meetings etc.
The successful candidate should have a proven sales background in any of the following areas: electronics design, DC power systems, bespoke battery systems or system integration (or similar) in order to be able to ask the right questions from a customer to feedback to the bid team the right information.
As part of Altertek Ltd, the candidate will not simply be a number. You will be involved in decision making, customer interactions and helping to create exciting products in one of the world’s fastest growing industries.
- Seek out new sales opportunities,
- Develop existing contacts into new opportunities,
- Lead the bid teams on new opportunities,
- Prepare and maintain bids,
- Prepare and maintain sales strategies,
- Where possible, prepare, guide and implement marketing activities,
- Maintain customer records,
- Identify, exhibit and visit trade shows, forums and networking events,
- Maintain customer communications during projects and production,
Minimum Essential Attributes
- At least 5 years' industry experience in a sales or sales related roll in a relevant background,
- A people person and able to manage customers expectations effectively,
- Proficient in the use of day to day software packages such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook with a high degree of literacy.
- Clean drivers license,
- No travel restrictions.
Ideal attributes (Any of the below)
- Knowledge of battery design,
- Knowledge of Lithium Ion batteries and cells,
- Knowledge of battery management systems,
- Knowledge of electronics design,
- Knowledge of DC power system design,
- Knowledge of complex systems integration,
- Experience of working in subsea or oil and gas or industry,
- Experience of working with battery powered / electric vehicles,
- Experience of working in the energy storage sector,
Personal attributes and behaviours
- Care about the environment and want to use your skills to create products that work towards helping the environment and improving the future.
- A strong personality to deal with customers and team members in solving problems and making sound decisions when under pressure.
- Has a creative mind and ability to innovate.
- Has a high level of tenacity and drive.
- Has excellent problem-solving abilities and use of problem-solving tools and techniques.
- Has excellent organisational skills and is highly task focused and able to prioritise, whilst also being flexible.
- Is a good communicator, high level of literacy, interpersonal and relationship forming skills, able to communicate effectively and interact at all levels of the business.
- Has an excellent if not an obsessive attention to detail.
- Committed to actively improving own skills, knowledge, business awareness and performance through ongoing personal development.
- An interest in electric vehicle / renewable energy technologies.
- Ability to work as part of and lead a mixed-discipline team,
- 'Self-starter’ capable of working with minimal guidance and solving problems using available resources.