Sporting Coordinator (Full-time based in Hammersmith, London)
Extreme E is a new form of racing that sees electric SUV’s competing in extreme environments around the world. The five-race global series highlights the impact of climate change and human interference in some of the world’s most remote locations and promotes the adoption of electric vehicles in the quest for a lower carbon future for the planet.
As an FIA International Series, Extreme E has attracted some of the biggest driver and team names in motorsport, competing in a new racing format that also promotes equality and diversity, pitting male and female drivers on a head-to-head basis, with equal responsibility.
Your role as Sporting Coordinator would be to support the Head of Sporting of Extreme E on the planning and implementation of the key sporting elements at each X Prix, while assisting with the day-to-day sporting matters in between race events. You will work with a range of different departments within Extreme E, as well as a broad range of contractors, governing bodies, partners, and officials, who support the Series.
The position offers the right candidate a broad range of experience and, importantly, the opportunity to learn and develop their motorsport skills within an FIA-level Series environment and will be suited to someone who has some motorsport operations experience but wants to progress their career.
Motorsport does not operate on a nine to five basis, so long days are to be expected as is a willingness to roll your sleeves up. You will need to be quick to learn and apply your problem-solving skills to any challenges that arise, as they can do when working in such remote locations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Liaising with Extreme E’s Sporting, Technical, Medical and Safety partners, contractors, and suppliers.
- Liaising with key motorsport governing bodies such as the FIA, the Automobile Club de Monaco (our Parent ASN) and the Host ASN’s from the countries in which we race.
- Liaison with the Extreme E Teams.
- Liaison with internal Extreme E departments (Event Management, Broadcast & Technology, Commercial, Marketing, Hospitality, Legal, Finance, etc).
- Attendance at all race events.
- Attendance at pre-event recces to assist with course layout, camera positions, marshal positions and safety plans.
- Assist with the day to day operational and administrative elements of the Sporting department.
- Management of various on-event Sporting assets and equipment (course markings, flags, safety equipment, helmets, radios, vehicles, etc).
- Assistance in the management and attendance at additional Extreme E or Partner events when required.
- Assist with the development and updates of the Sporting Schedule for each race event.
- Development and implementation of Officials and Marshalling plans with local ASN’s.
- Attendance at online and on-event Team Manager meetings.
- Assistance in on-event course layout and management.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 2 years operational experience within a motorsport environment.
- An understanding of the principles of how FIA-level motorsport championships are run and governed.
- Interest in and enthusiasm for Extreme E’s values - Electrification, Equality, Entertainment and Environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/workstreams and prioritise appropriately.
- Willingness to meet and work with people from different cultures.
- Additional spoken languages preferred.
- Full Driving licence.
Please submit your CV and covering letter by Friday 23rd December.