If you have a passion for seeing your creations come to life then Xtrac may have the right opportunity for you. We are looking for a talented and experienced Prinicpal Design Engineer to join our busy and expanding team. You’ll be managing key projects including project cost, specification and managing engineers reporting into you to help deliver these projects.
Working within small cohesive teams on challenging projects in a fast moving environment, you’ll be ultimately responsible for the design and detail of gearbox components and complete transmission systems, using the NX 3D CAD system, which you will see move from design to the race track!
As you’ll be managing a small team of Design Engineers, you’ll assist in the timescale and resource planning of engineering projects. You’ll be approachable and supportive to your team, and be on hand when they need advice or guidance. Managing engineers, new starters, and students also, is a key part of this role so you’ll be able to juggle the responsibilities of your role vs your management responsibilities effectively.
To be successful in this role, we’re looking for the following skills, qualities and experience:
- Qualified to a minimum of BEng or BSc degree level, or equivalent, in Mechanical, Automotive or Aerospace Engineering
- 5 years experience in a design engineering environment in a similar role – previous Motorsport or Automotive experience is preferable, as is experience of designing rotating metal components
- Leadership/management experience is vital with the ability to take responsibility for decisions taken
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, procedures, controls and quality standards, together with ERP systems
- Awareness of APQP processes is highly advantageous
- Strong communicator across all levels of employees and customers
- Ability to work across multiple projects and prioritise your workload accordingly
Just like the teams we design for, Xtrac employees work hard and fast so you will need to have the ability to work calmly and constructively in a pressurised, and ever changing environment with the ability to manage and prioritise your own workload. We require initiative, flexibility and enthusiasm to achieve the challenging targets of our projects.
What makes us who we are is our people. We share behaviours and values to ensure Xtrac remain world class and have a culture that delivers!
Yearn to Learn
Private Health Care
Eye Care Assistance
Cycle to Work Scheme
Reward & Recognition Incentives
Flexible Working for Some Roles
Salary Sacrifice Electric Car Scheme
Free Safety Workwear