Radical is the world’s largest constructor and manufacturer of open cockpit two-seater race cars and is currently going through an exciting growth period. As part of this, the company is seeking someone to join the team and play an integral part in its future growth. To be Radical you have to offer something innovative and unique, values that have been at the core of the Company’s philosophy since its inception in 1997. From the very beginning, the approach has been to create a whole new niche in the world of motorsport, to which Nothing Compares. Radical is now one of the largest producers of racing and track cars in the world selling over 2,500 cars globally in the past two decades. To sell that many racing cars the package has to be thrilling, dramatic and huge fun to drive. But the Radical philosophy extends much wider than just high-performance race cars. A championship portfolio at some of the best circuits in the world provides thrilling and highly competitive racing for all customers. Radical sells its product range to High-Net-Worth Individuals through an independent network of dealers. Radical’s current 30-strong Sales and Aftersales Network spans from Nevada to Sydney via Continental Europe, the Middle East and Asia. Over 90% of the cars produced are exported from the UK and are sold through Radical’s partners. The Americas region accounts for over 50% of global sales with 8 dealers in the US, 2 in Canada and 1 in Barbados.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced motorsports manager. A pragmatist capable of getting things done while also being an ambassador for the Radical brand. A team player adaptable to the idiosyncrasies of a company that designs, manufactures, and supplies its own brand high-performance pure race cars globally, and organises our own high-profile series. This role is pan-European with occasional global travel. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and growing Radical’s internal race car support and maintenance business whilst maintaining quality standards. A high degree of organisation and business acumen is required as the Radical works team develops into a truly independent, sustainable department of the Radical Group.
The Works Team Manager will help shape the team’s annual and long-term business plan for a profitable mix of on-event customer support, in-house maintenance and repair work and Radical Group production/sales team support. The successful candidate will need an understanding of the competitive motorsport environment, as well as strong team management and budgeting experience. You’ll manage our race team employees to ensure pre-race car preparation, used car prep for sale, warranty work and aftersales car rectification meets the high standards expected of the Radical Group.
The Works Team Manager is accountable for HSE and training matters of the team, in line with company processes/ procedures at track or at the workshop. As to be expected from the world’s most prolific race car constructor, the role includes hands-on team management on race events so weekend and overseas work should be expected.
- The experienced works team manager or assistant manager looking to step up.
- Effective manager of specialist technical staff engaged in preparing works team cars
- Customer-facing, sales-orientated personality
- Commercially focused; actively seeking opportunities for growth or efficiencies in all aspects of the business
- IT literate and effective communicator either verbally or in writing
- Strong track record of managing a range of personalities and skill levels
- Outgoing, professional team player with an eye for detail
- Highly organised and self-starting; able to manage events and commitments effectively
- Confidence in reporting back to senior staff and board-level management
- Full UK driving licence
- Competed in motorsports
- Networked in motorsports
- The ability to engage and negotiate with bodies such as MSVR SRO etc.,
Salary and benefits
- Highly competitive tailored to meet the candidates’ expectations.