The McLaren name is synonymous with motorsport. The story across five decades of racing at the pinnacle of global motorsport is of restless technical development with characters of passion and true grit, all with a single-minded determination to succeed. The trophy cabinet at McLaren Technology Centre (MTC) tells a thousand stories of world champions, great drivers, constructor titles and of all those individuals who have stood on the sport’s global stage to make their invaluable contribution in making that difference: that extra thousandth of second off a lap time.
With a backdrop of continued growth and success, McLaren Automotive is now consolidating its motorsport strategy with specific aims; enriching the customer’s experience on and off track, broadening the McLaren brand appeal to a wider global audience and delivering motorsport experiences that are best in class.
As part of this exciting period of growth, we are looking for a Vehicle Manager to oversee the development of our current 570S GT4 and future GT4 Programmes.
Purpose of the role:
We are looking for the Vehicle Manager to lead the programme and development for the GT4 programme within the newly formed McLaren GT Motorsport team.
This is an exciting role to manage the strategy for our GT4 vehicles whilst also working towards the wider future of McLaren GT Motorsport.
- Lead responsibility for all aspects of GT4 activity for both current and future vehicles
- Schedule, organise and drive forward the GT4 development programme short, medium and long term
- Manage and develop a cross functional team to define and successfully deliver all GT4 development targets
- Oversee the project management of development updates from inception right through to GT4 production
- Control the future Homologation of the GT4 car and its updates
- Preparation of GT4 project supporting documentation including manuals and bulletins
- Support the customer service engineering team
- Effectively report the progress of GT4 development internally and externally via the Motorsport commercial team
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Excellent communicator with the ability to lead and motivate a small focused cross functional team
- Adopts a creative & thoughtful approach to solving engineering problems with good attention to detail and an engaging mind. Open to new problems outside their normal comfort zone
- Motorsport development experience
- Knowledge of motorsport GT programmes
- Well organised and delivery focused – with demonstrable track record of on-time delivery in a high-pressure environment
- Desire to have autonomy and personal ownership of the GT4 programme and the leadership of
- Strong organisational skills and ability to project manage problem solving and development tasks
- Delivery focused, with a demonstrable record of accomplishment of on-time delivery
- Strong communication skills through all mediums, with the ability to organise and chair project reviews and deliver concise explanations of changes
- Able to build good relationships at all levels, internally and externally
- Willingness to travel to all GT4 development events and occasional race events when required
We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our aim to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
At McLaren Automotive we are constantly looking to improve. To become the employer of choice we are always looking to develop our employee offerings. We currently offer a range of benefits to employees at all levels of the business including Private Healthcare, Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance and Personal Lease Car Scheme. We also offer a range of discounts with our partner organisations.