In this role, you will responsible for developing the understanding of chassis dynamics and guide the development and design for optimum Scuderia AlphaTauri cars performance.
You will focus on support & development-related activity including working with other groups and external partners, to achieve the development targets for both current and future cars.
All the responsibilities we'll trust you with:
Delivery of car performance Delivery of car performance. Development and use of vehicle dynamics tools Development and use of vehicle dynamics tools. Definition of simulation parameters Definition of simulation parameters. Preparation and support for dyno test and rig activities. Preparation and support for dyno test and rig activities. Support of Operation Room activities in Faenza during Tests & GP’s. Provide flexible attendance and attitude to work Provide flexible attendance and attitude to work. ALWAYS WORK IN A PROFESSIONAL MANNER REGARDLESS OF THE TASK SET AND BE PRO-ACTIVE IN PROMOTING A POSITIVE IMAGE FOR THE DEPARTMENT/TEAM/SPONSORS.
Your areas of knowledge and expertise that matter most for this role:
- Have previous relevant experience working within a high-level motorsport environment.
- An understanding of suspension definition and optimization including ride performance, interaction with vehicle platform control and balance and tyre optimization.
- An understanding of brake system physics and optimization including interaction with brake-by-wire systems.
- An understanding of power unit optimization and formulation of models using rig and track data.
- Experience in analysing competition vehicle performance.
- Experience of rig and dyno data analysis tools and correlation to car data.
- Experience of analysis tool and model development using ADAMS, Dymola & Matlab/Simulink.
- Be able to demonstrate an innovative and flexible approach to process development, problem solving and possess the ability to work through problems in a scientific and analytical way.
- Have good communication and analytical skills and be able to work to tight deadlines, often under pressure.
- Be highly self-motivated, thrive in a challenging environment and have a flexible approach to working hours and a high level of responsibility.