This iconic British motorsport manufacturer was originally founded in 1958 by the Walklett Brothers, by the time Ginetta was acquired by current owner Lawrence Tomlinson in 2005, it had already earned a reputation as one of the most renowned British heritage race car brands.
Taking the lead in British race car manufacturing, Ginetta is putting the UK at the heart of world-class competition, selling and racing cars across the world and training some of the brightest stars in motorsport. Our championships provide competitive racing for everyone; from the aspiring driver to the seasoned professional. Combining top class manufacturing with a dedication to teamwork and success, the Ginetta series offer unrivalled exposure for drivers, teams and sponsors both on and off track.
We don’t stop there either. What makes Ginetta unique is our ability to offer design, manufacturer and even professional racing tuition which paves a genuine route for progression from entry level racing, right the way through to international motorsport platforms for our diverse range of customers. We have also designed and hand-built a handful of road-based cars such as the all new supercar – Akula, launched in February 2019 at the Geneva Motorshow, as well as our hertitage classic car Ginetta G10 remastered – providing a very unique and varied spectrum to the cars we design.
Every car is produced in our state-of-the-art, 75,000 sq. ft. factory just outside of Leeds. With many components hand built in-house, we employ some of the UK’s brightest engineering and manufacturing talent to bring to life not only our full range but exciting new prototypes for the future.
To add to our expanding technical team we are looking to recruit a Senior Design and Development Engineer, the role requirements are:
- 5+ years’ experience in motorsport or a similar industry
- Proficient user of CATIA V5 or similar high-end CAD package
- Good knowledge of race car anatomy and regulations
- Well-motivated with good self-management skill
- Knowledge of applicable manufacturing methods
- Strong attention to detail
- Creative approach to problem solving, thinking outside the box
- Team player both in the design team and company as a whole
- Liaising with internal and external suppliers to ensure design intent is realised
- Concept to detail design of race car components
- Ideally experience of mechanical and composite design
- Able to produce 2D drawings with good knowledge of GD&T
- Ability to perform hand calculations, experience of FEA would be advantageous
- Mentoring and support of other members of design team