TRD inspires the hearts and minds of racing fans, Toyota team members, customers and the driving public. We are dedicated to advancing automotive engineering and maximizing racetrack success. We partner with the finest race teams and drivers who share our passion and our actions foster an atmosphere of excellence. In our pursuit of becoming the most respected and premier motorsports engineering organization in the world, we are looking for highly motivated applicants for our available positions.
As a Model Based Development Engineer at TRD, you will play a key role in the development, application, and support of predictive multi-body vehicle models, vehicle dynamics tools, and driver-in-the-loop vehicle models. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of engineering experience, centering around vehicle simulation, modeling, and validation. A high concern for quality, an ability to independently produce high-quality results, and skills to manage and process high volumes of complex data is necessary.
- Work as a part of a cross-functional team to develop high-fidelity vehicle models and simulation tools for a variety of applications.
- Develop, refine, and validate simulation events to assure fidelity of predicted results
- Attend track and lab test events to assure proper data collection and perform on-site validation
- Develop and refine testing practices to improve model characterization
- Participate directly in vehicle simulation studies to improve the applicability of models
- Support trackside and performance engineering groups with the use and interpretation of generated models and simulation outputs
Qualifications - External
A successful candidate will have:
- BS in Engineering, Mathematics, or Computer Science
- Extensive experience with the high-fidelity mathematical modeling of complex mechanical systems
- Experience with multi-body model development, specifically Dymola and/or Modelica, is desirable
- Demonstrated skills in programming language such as Python, C++,
- Strong communication skills and experience working on SCRUM teams or in any Agile framework
Comprehensive health care & wellness plans
Paid holidays and paid time off
Vehicle purchase and lease programs
Retirement Plans: 401k and Toyota Annual Retirement Contribution
TRD provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations. Any applicant who, because of a disability or religion, needs reasonable accommodation or other assistance at any point in the application process, or thereafter if hired, should contact the Human Resources Department by sending an email to TalentLink_Admin@toyota.com.
Your application is covered by the TRD Interactive Resolution Policy.
To applicants with a potential relocation:
This position is NOT eligible for TRD relocation benefits.
Due to the nationwide downturn in the housing market, relocation may have a significant financial impact on you, especially if you purchased your home in the last several years. Therefore, if you are an applicant considering a self-initiated move, you are strongly advised to consider your personal financial status in relation to the cost of relocation that you will be responsible for. If you own a home, you are strongly encouraged to consider the current value and its effect on a home purchase in the new location.
To assist you in thinking through the various issues related to a self-initiated and self-financed move, your recruiter will direct final candidates who own a home to our relocation vendor. Although TRD will not assist with the actual relocation, our intent is to make sure final candidates have explored the potential impact of this decision prior to acceptance of an offer.