Location: Daytona Head Office, Sandown Park, Esher, Surrey KT10 8AN
Hours of work: Full Time (40 hours per week). Core hours are 09:00 until 18:00, Monday – Friday, although there will be some weekend work required subject to business requirements.
About Daytona Motorsport
Daytona Motorsport is a premium-branded leisure and corporate entertainment provider which has been at the forefront of the leisure go-kart racing industry for 30 years. Daytona now operates 3 successful outdoor go-karting venues at Esher, Surrey, Milton Keynes and Tamworth (near Birmingham) and is the market leader in the sector.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Marketing and Communications Manager who is driven to succeed in this fun and exhilarating environment.
Your Primary Objective
The Marketing and Communications Manager has a vital role to play in developing and implementing a strategy for the successful promotion of the brand and the company’s market leading offerings to engage and inspire our existing audience and increase awareness to new audiences, and therefore ultimately increasing revenues and market share.
You will be responsible for:
- Using customer insights, consumer trends, market analysis and best practices to build successful strategic promotional campaigns to increase and maximise attendance rates and revenues across the company’s venues throughout the year.
- Leading the planning, development, and delivery of marketing programs with specific objectives across all available channels from start to finish by establishing positioning, identifying target audiences, and delivering measurable results.
- Managing and developing the digital marketing functions of the business – website, social media (organic and paid), email, SMS, PPC and SEO to ensure both strategic and tactical campaigns are effectively promoted to new and existing online audiences with measurable KPIs.
- Making best use of Daytona’s existing customer database to maximise repeat visits and cross marketing of different product offerings.
- Creating all assets that are required across Daytona’s 3 venues - digital and non-digital signage, brochures, flyers etc to maximise cross promotion and in-venue upselling.
- Developing and delivering automated marketing functionality on our CRM system.
- Creating strong relationships with the venue managers and sales department to provide support where required and implement solid processes to effectively service the entire business.
- Managing the marketing budget.
- Reporting to the relevant stakeholders in the business on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Management of direct report(s) and agencies/ freelancers.
- Creating and delivering adverts for staff recruitment purposes and/or provide relevant assets (banners, PowerPoint presentations) to attract relevant commercial partnerships as required.
- Project managing all filming and video requirements necessary to promote the business and specific events, including creating storyboards, briefing and H&S documentation.
Core Competences you will need
Below are the core competencies, knowledge, relevant experience, and skills required to be successful in this role:
- Degree in marketing, business, or related field.
- 3 – 5 years digital marketing experience – email, social media, Google Analytics, PPC, SEO, website (Wordpress CMS).
- Proven experience developing and delivering marketing plans and campaigns, preferably to both B2B and B2C.
- Experience with content marketing planning using project management software or Excel.
- Competency using Microsoft Office – Excel, Word and Outlook etc – and technical experience of digital marketing channels including PPC and SEO.
- Highly organised with a proactive and committed approach to work and high level of initiative.
- Strong project management and decision-making skills with a hands-on/can-do approach as required in a fast-moving customer focused business.
- Metrics-driven creative marketing mind with excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable with dialogue at Director and CEO level.
- Experience with email marketing automation and CRM tools.
- Experience in managing a team and agencies/ freelancers.
- The ability to travel to and from the Daytona head office in Esher, Surrey and our venues in Milton Keynes and Tamworth (near Birmingham) and any other location when required.
- Flexiblility to work outside of core office hours and attend Daytona events on selected weekends subject to business and personal development requirements.
- Eligibility to work within the UK.
- An interest and understanding of go-karting and motorsport generally.
- Experience of using SharePoint and Teams.
What you’ll get in return
- Salary of £60,000 pa
Full training on products and services.
- Staff discounts on racing and merchandise and food/beverage.
- Subsidised gym membership
- Company pension
- 20 days holidays plus bank/public holidays.
- Staff incentive schemes
- Free on-site parking at all venues
- Discretionary bonus
A fun, friendly and professional environment
If you would like to be considered for this role, please click apply and submit your CV and cover letter.