Do you LOVE racing, motorsports, and all things powerful? Do you want to be a part of the development and testing of some of the most fine-tuned engines in the world? Do you want to do business with some of the biggest players in the Motor and Auto Sports industry…?
…If the answer to all three of those questions is yes then look no further than the Vice President of Performance opportunity now available with Power Test Inc., the industry leader in the design, manufacture, and sale of dynamometers, data acquisition, and control systems.
As the VP of Performance, you will be responsible for business execution and leading the growth of Power Test's Performance Division, which encompasses the SuperFlow, DYNOmite, and StuskaDyno brands. You will drive the roadmap for managing the Performance product offerings, including new product development (NPD), new product introduction (NPI), and end of life (EOL) for equipment, controls, and software platforms. You will develop, communicate and ensure the achievement of division strategic objectives. This includes understanding the impact and implications of the division strategy to the overall company strategy and Ensuring long-range division profitability through customer-targeted innovation in products and service models. The VP of this division will also drive operational excellence in areas including business planning, pricing and profitability, development of Sales and Service Reps, ERP system management and integration, service contracts and services, and parts inventory management. This trailblazing role is ideal for anyone who is passionate about performance motorsports and growing a division to be the best that it can be, and more!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time:
- Passion and knowledge for and of the performance racing industry
- Manage relationships at leading customer locations to drive business opportunities in engine and chassis test stands, eddy current dynos, axle-hub dynos, flowbenches, and data acquisition systems
- Optimize and manage the P&L, achieve B/R/P targets, and operate in SQDC goal alignment
- Work with internal and external management and senior-level contacts to keep abreast of business needs and changes, understand and share best practice/ new developments in the industry, and achieve business goals to support the smooth running of operations within the division and across the matrix structure
- Ensure alignment with Operations and Testing for effective and efficient delivery of projects that are on-time, within budget, and at the expected customer quality and specifications
- Development and execution of 1, 3- and 10-year strategic plans advancing the division's capability/capacity and efficiency through the planning and execution of facility transformations
- Manage the capacity and anticipate where resources need to be added
- Select, coach and develop the team, setting quarterly and annual goals that that align with company strategy and objectives
- Manage organizational talent through performance management, succession planning and skills development
- Design and direct processes by which team and individual performance are recognized, feedback is consistently delivered and performance is systematically improved
- Create and maintain an organizational culture which encourages innovation, collaboration, excitement / commitment and a sense of urgency toward goals, and continuous improvement
- Challenge team members to question the status quo and ensure that all aspects of the applicable processes are optimal for the business groups and product design
- Foster collaboration between Division VP's, Engineering, Sales, Operations, FBA, and Service to identify and harvest new engineering concepts, technologies, techniques, standards and procedures
- Drive corporate goals (e.g. revenue growth, profitability, customer satisfaction)
- Communicate effectively and efficiently through the Traction process and informally
Qualifications, Education, and Experience.
BSME or BSEE, or equivalent education and experience, plus a minimum of 8 years leading a large department, business unit, or similar division at a different company. An MBA degree is highly desirable. Experience managing product roadmaps, integrating multiple and overlapping product offerings, determining Sales and Service platforms for effective and efficient division operation, and ensuring quality is designed into products. Demonstrated ability to create Sales and Service resources and hire/utilize them to grow the business. Experience with engines, transmissions, industrial machines and tools, and their designs, uses testing and ongoing needs. Working knowledge of applicable material properties and environmental factors affecting large equipment. Successful financial management experience. Experience hiring, managing and inspiring performance and development.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.