Location: MNVA, Unit 1, Wyatt Way, Thetford, IP24 1HJ
Multimatic is a global automotive supply company providing hardware and engineering services to OEMs around the world. We are looking for someone with experience in sourcing, negotiating and procurement of goods and services to ensure that major project requirements are met taking into account, price, quality and delivery.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Support the purchasing function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact on the project
- Prepare and raise purchase orders and order schedules
- Provide analysis on costs, new and existing, and review cost reduction activities
- Identify and evaluate supply chain risk whilst developing robust risk mitigation strategies where necessary
- Prepare reports and updates as and when required
- Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make project savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
- Support goods-in / goods-out as required
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures during supplier negotiations and contracts award process.
- Conduct research for new components and suppliers and prepare supplier nominations, taking into consideration the commercial constraints relating to the relevant project.
- Compile data relating to supplier performance to enable evaluation
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and contribute to performance reviews to ensure contract compliance
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues
Qualifications and experience:
- 1 year working in procurement environment within the automotive or motor sports sector
- ONC, A Levels, City & Guilds Level 3, BTec National Diploma Level 3 or equivalent NVQ level 3 qualification
- Good knowledge of purchasing, negotiation, commercial understanding and cost breakdown
- Computer literate, with advanced Excel skills/abilities