Optimum Motorsport are a leading International GT racing team who specialise in the servicing and operation of McLaren GT3 and GT4 cars. We are currently recruiting enthusiastic professionals to join our team. One such role we have to offer is that of a Number 1 Race Mechanic for our various car programmes.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Upkeep, maintenance, setup and running of Optimum’s race cars.
- Assembly, service, and operation of the race cars at the workshop and events worldwide consistently to the highest standards.
- Follow engineering and technical procedures during the rebuild and preparation of the car whilst respecting agreed deadlines.
- Engage and efficiently lead a team of mechanics at race and test events promoting teamwork and effective communication.
- Take an active role in the pit stop crew including identifying opportunities to improve pit stop routine or performance.
- Creation and upkeep of job lists and maintenance records whilst in the workshop and on-event.
- Identify and help resolve issues with car build, reliability or equipment which need attention, service or repair.
- Follow up on issues, ensuring problems are resolved ahead of the next race event.
- Assist with the loading and unloading of trucks and freight both at an event and at the workshop.
- Assist with setup and dismantling of the garage infrastructure on event
- Maintain a high level of presentation at both the workshop and at the track.
- Other responsibilities when required within the engineering departments to assist the business
Essential skills / experience:
- Knowledge and ability in all aspects of race car maintenance and repair.
- Sub assembly/ gearbox build knowledge and experience would be advantageous
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role in high level motorsport environment, e.g., F1, WEC, ELMS, DTM, FE, IMSA, BTCC etc.
- Excellent timekeeping with the ability to prioritise tasks effectively
- The ability to consistently work to the highest standards, with minimal supervision and a strong attention to detail.
- Good English written and oral communication skills.
- High level of commitment
- Excellent team player
- Good work ethic and positive mental attitude
- Willingness to travel, therefore an up-to-date passport is required.
The position will be on a full time basis at Optimum’s workshop in Wakefield (when not away on a race weekend), salary negotiable.