With an objective of developing the Karting championships, the Head of the FIA CIK-Karting Department will be responsible for setting out and implementing a strategic vision for the discipline.
The role will be structured around the following assignments:
- Set out a strategic vision for the karting discipline and implement the related development and organisational actions, in collaboration with the Commission President and the FIA Management.
- Manage the administrative and regulatory matters of karting championships (calendars, budget monitoring, appointment of officials, liaison with drivers).
- Liaise with promoters to attract competitors and manufacturers to the different Championships.
- Prepare proposals for the Commissions and for the WMSC, in agreement with the Commission Presidents and Secretariats.
- Draft sporting regulations in accordance with the decisions taken by the WMSC and follow up any resulting modifications.
- Liaise with the various Technical Delegates regarding Championship Technical Regulations
- Administer the International Karting Commission.
- Manage the CIK-Karting Department staff: coordinate the departmental activities, monitor operational objectives and CIK budget, ensure the performance of the team.
- Graduate or postgraduate degree
- 10 – 15 PQE in motor sport as a sporting manager or equivalent, especially in Karting or Single-Seater disciplines.
- Excellent knowledge of sporting regulations.
- Ability to understand technical subjects/mechanisms.
- Substantial knowledge of the issues involved in motor sport safety.
- Excellent command of English; a second language would be an asset.
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft Office).
- Excellent coordination and organisational skills.
- Ability to work in a complex, political, demanding, and dynamic working environment.
- Ability to develop strong and respectful relations with multiple partners in a multicultural environment.