Valley Motorsport are looking to recruit a permanent full-time race engineer to join their successful race team.
Valley Motorsport has a varied portfolio of Classic Cars ranging from 1950’s sports/racing, 1960’s GT’s to 1980’s Group C. We have enjoyed vast success within the historic motor racing arena, including multiple wins at the Spa 6 hours as well as plenty of success at the Goodwood Motor Circuit, with many trophies collected at both the Members Meeting and Revival.
The role will involve working on historic racing cars and involvement in build/ restoration projects, both at the workshop and various race circuits around Europe. The ideal candidate will have previous experience of working in a motorsport setting, with an understanding of its fast paced nature, which requires working under pressure and the ability to work to a high standard.
The chosen candidate will be expected to attend test days, race events and road rallies. Also, according to business needs, extra hours will be expected to be worked in order to meet deadlines.
- Demonstratable mechanical skills, with a background in motorsport
- Highly motivated individual who is friendly and level-headed
- Ability to work to a high standard, even when under pressure
- Willingness to work weekends where required in the UK and across Europe
- Must have a full UK Driving Licence as well as a Passport, due to travel requirements
- Can work as an individual and as part of a team
- HGV, trailer licence, fabrication and machining experience would all be advantageous
Motorsport has strict Covid-19 regulations. As a business we have recently instigated mandatory twice-weekly lateral flow testing to ensure the safety of both our staff and our clients.
Full Time Role
- 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Pre-arranged shut down over the Christmas period (holidays must be allocated to this time)
- Opportunity to visit many countries as part of travelling with work
- Salary negotiable dependant on experience